Starting the flames

by larc 22 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

BG, I think I went too far. I am in a frisky mood. So, you don't have to strip, if you don't want to. Oops, that did not come out right either. Simon, please deactivate me, for I have sinned. No, don't delete me Simon, jut put me on probation, and give me a special needs talk.

• beroea
    beroea

Just having a moment - nothing else

bereoa

• dmouse
    dmouse

Gas ain't got no soul man...

Charcoal rules.

Do it slow. It not just the eating, it's the cooking. People who use gas just don't get it. It's an art, and a love, the whole ambience of the event...the smell and the sounds, the social intercourse during the turning of the meat.

It's an event for all the senses, don't be an animal and just gobble the food without tasting it!

Like sex, it should be savoured holistically; can you smell the food, charcoal; hear the flames, feel their heat? See the food turning brown in the interplay of flames and smoke? Sense the primordial nature of the whole experience?

erm...think I've had too much wine...

• larc
    larc

dmouse, you had enough wine to write pure poetry. I agree with everything you wrote. The beauty of charcoal is beyond compare.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

*comes back from shopping*

*In a Marion Cunningham voice she asks*

"Larc! Are you feeling frisky???"

As a matter of fact,Larc, I am at this very moment I'm grilling New York strip on the Q (with charcoal of course).

However, I am only capable of a "California" strip, myself. In particular, a SOUTHERN California strip (those northerners are just sooooo snooty, think they are better than us southerners, they do. JUST because THEY have San Francisco and the wine country and WE have Hollywood and Disneyland). Southern style is very "trashy", however, but I suppose it is fitting since I am half "Garbage", right?

Like with Dave (seven006) on another thread, I had to consult with hubby to grant such a request. He has no opposition, just as long as he can take pictures .

Andee

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    I made you look, you dirty crook

I came to look, a fight to see
    To hose the flames that bother me
    Instead I see some funny stuff
    Larc again just posting fluff

Larc:

I fell into your little trap
    so now Im turning on the tap
    and for your trick i think i oughta
    fill your breeches up with water

Beck *handing Larc a towel*

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 25 August 2002 23:29:54

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Gas Grill

Shirmp and Chicken Kabobs

• Princess
    Princess

I agree dmouse, but when the family is hungry you have to love the gas grill. We have both. My husband has the monster charcoal grill/smoker and I have the gas grill. I cooked steak on Friday and salmon on Saturday.

Rachel

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ohhhhh, the salmon..........ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet it was mouth-watering .

Cheers, Ozzie

• Mulan
    Mulan

My husband is the "King of the Barbecue", and he prefers to cook over wood, but usually we use charcoal. No gas grill here. We have two though, one is a Kamado (not Kamodo), a ginger jar-shaped barbecue from Japan. It smokes things just heavenly.

He also has a "monster" barbecue that he is very proficient with. He likes to cook slowly........salmon, steaks, ribs, brisket, roasts, chicken, and whole chickens are incredible, cooked on a frame that goes into the cavity, so it is cooking upright, instead of on the side. We heard they are good cooked like that over an opened can of beer, but haven't tried it yet.

Edited by - mulan on 27 August 2002 19:10:44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit