Sent my DA letters out

by Cicatrix 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• sstarli
    sstarli

Thanks for the welcome.......I'm looking forward to know all of you.

sstarli

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Welcome SStarli

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Cicatrix you go girl! That is awesome! How brave of you to write and send the letter. You and your family have lots to look forward to.....never look back, enjoy, enjoy!

bc

• searcher
    searcher

Cicatrix.

Congratulations!!!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

Let the healing begin.

regards.

searcher.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Christmas tree in August .......?

• mouthy
    mouthy

(((((((Cicatrix))))))This is a time you will never be sorry for.Congratulations on breaking the bonds of slavery.....

Welcome to "the world" lol

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Thank you everyone, for helping celebrate my freedom:)

Welcome Sstarli-I highly recommend you surf through the board and read the posts-you'll learn a lot.

Wow, what an awesome Christmas tree! My son wants us to do ours in gingerbread men and candy canes this year. He has always loved gingerbread men.I thought maybe we'd do a Little House on the Prairie kind of thing this year, as we are living off from one very modest income while I attend school full time.

Yes-a tree in August lol.Good old dollar stores-they have stuff months in advance.

And as for that old myth that former Witnesses fare badly-my sis and her hubby just gave us a gift of a substantial amount of money to thank us for all of the times we've been there to help them out financially in the past.It couldn't have come at a more needed time-not only for our finances, but for my peace of mind:) Yes, there's a lot of bad in the world today, but there's also a lot of good.I think the Witnesses just don't see most of the positive, because they are too busy looking for signs of impending doom.

I am really enjoying seeing the world in a more balanced way now:)

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

WELCOME TO CICATRIX AND SSTAR

I did the same as you did Cic, by just sending a letter. I admit, I did wait a bit, but because my mother went bonkers when the @#$ hit the fan, I wanted my "friends" to know why I was putting the JW Cult behind me. It made me feel good for a change.

Sstar, it sounds like "maybe" you are thinking about "going back"? Did I understand you right? Please stay here awhile and read the experiences. You may decide firmly not to make that choice.

When I "got out", I felt strange trying to celebrate Christmas and Birthdays. I forced myself, but still felt uncomfortable. Christmas must be nice for families that are really close and can be together. It's not that way for us, so I can take it or leave it. Some years I do the tree and some years I just don't. It doesn't bother me, it's gotten so commercial. At least I have the freedom to decide.

Love and Light,

Sentinel/Karen

• milka
    milka

Congrat's Cicatrix!

Ahem ... (my first post) ... and hello all you wonderful, kind ex's (been reading your posts).

I remember my first Christmas. It was amazing. I was born into a strong JW family and had never celebrated Xmas until I left the truth. I was 20something at the time (and that was about 20 yrs. ago) and it was the best day of my life (really). You go girl! It's going to be great!

:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit