Sent my DA letters out

by Cicatrix 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Finally got up the nerve to send my DA letters out yesterday.I sent them in lovely scarlet envelopes(in homage to Nathaniel Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter")with American Flag stamps hehe.I wrote the letters on my hound dog stationary.Thought it was fitting, having heard the old "dog returning to its vomit" speech a few gazillion times(hey, my Lab and Dal eat lots of vomit and they love horse manure-vet says they're the healthiest doggies around:)).

Then I went out and bought a little Christmas tree and some teeny tiny ornaments.Yeah, I know, I'm rushing it a bit.But I REALLY REALLY missed celebrating Christmas, and I didn't even admit that to myself until just recently.My kids were absolutely thrilled!!This year will be their first everything.I'm going to buy them all "My First Christmas" ornaments.

But first we have Halloween and a few birthdays to do.My sons already got their first invitations to a birthday party. My kids want me to go trick-or-treating with them.Maybe I'll dress up as Cruella Deville and take my Dalmatian puppy,Sidhe, with me.

My,my, I'm running on and on like a kid at Christmas...and Halloween...and ....

It's good to be free.I don't care what the org boogeymen try now.I've said my piece to them,now I'm done with them.I don't have to sneak around and worry about whose seeing me do this or that.I'm the one who has chosen to leave-and you bet your boots I will hold certain ones to their own rules about not speaking to me lol.In this case, what comes around, goes around.I'm just glad to be off the Org Carousel.I'm a little dizzy yet, but still standing.

Hehe-I'm getting punchy.I'm going to go to bed and Sleep In On A Sunday Morning!!!:)

• Prisca
    Prisca

Good for you.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Ah..yeah! Those fond memories of celebrating the holidays! I used to stay up late helping my mom. I miss those days. Good for you, Cicatrix!

Have fun!

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Congrats on breaking the chains!!!

-Rick

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Free at Last! Free at Last! Free at Last! Thank Jehovah He/She is Free at Last.

Kudos Cicatrix

• Celia
    Celia

Good for you Cicatrix !

And I can imagine the joy in your kids' eyes at the sight of a lighted Christmas Tree...

Finally, they will have a normal life !

Edited by - Celia on 25 August 2002 7:50:28

Edited by - Celia on 25 August 2002 7:52:55

• outnfree
    outnfree

Cic,

Ain't life grand?!!!!

out

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I experienced my first Christmas last year. I can't really say I completely celebrated it. I still have trouble with guilt feelings. I'm not sure how long it will take me to get over it, but I still can't say "merry Xmas" or "happy birthday."

• sstarli
    sstarli

I started studying in 1971, I gave all my xmas decorations away, my children were devastated, I was a single mother of three children. I was supporting my mother, my brother and 4 of my brothers children. Three days before xmas I refinanced my car and went xmas shopping. I kept all the packages at my friends ("worldly") house. On xmas eve I bought a xmas tree and all the ornaments. My mother and I decorated that thing after they were in bed and my friend brought over all the presents. I will never forget (and neither will they) that xmas. I never tried to not celebrate the holidays after that. They are all grown now and they will have nothing to do with the Jehovah's Witnesses. If I decide to get baptized my children will not be happy.

• spider
    spider

Congratulations Cicatrix

You have my respect. You did it clean and it must feel good to have it over with. No messing around. No playing by anyone elses rules. No pretense. Now you can put it behind you and focus on rest of your life.

Also I'd just like to say welcome to the forum sstarli. I think when you start to learn more about all that the witnesses don't tell you, you will be glad you never got baptised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit