Philippine JW Funeral Photo

by ErieGuy 19 Replies latest social current

• SYN
    SYN

TheOldHippie says:

You seem to think that since they were Jehovah's Witnesses, they are nothing to mourn, they were just idiots and the world should be happy that we got rid of them.

Nope, Amnesian was saying she felt sorry for them! Nowhere did she say that they weren't worthy of our mourning! What gave you that idea? I've yet to see a single person here say anything like that - in fact, oddly enough, everyone who's commented on this has been saying how horrible it is that these people had to die like this. They are humans, after all - Dub or not! Those poor Witnesses were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and just because they are Dub doesn't mean we don't hate the fact that they were killed senselessly like this.

Now, if it were Apostates getting nailed, I'm 100% sure JWZone would be covered in posts saying how Jehovah took his revenge upon them, that's for sure!

• Dia
    Dia

Sadly, the Philippines is one place where JWs are growing rapidly. Probably, this will help their cause. Especially in the light of recent scandals. Because Philippine people are VERY family oriented and very loving parents.

It's a 'risk/benefit' thing that would make them shine from this, but Rodney Stark would know more about that.

EVERYONE ELSE knows that you don't blindly send people into a situation like this. The kidnapers and Philippine and American military just got finished fighting a very bloody battle and rescuing a group of innocent missionaries that they had captured and some, beheaded.

Can you really jump up and take credit for 'martyrs' when you stupidly send people into situations in which almost anyone would know that they are going to get hurt? Unfortunately, beheading is not so unusual once you're off the beaten path in the Philippines. Especially now.

Nonetheless, I bet their picture will appear on the cover of 'Awake!'

My heart goes out to these poor Philippine families.

No one should have to suffer such a tragedy.

Were they martyrs, courageous Christians or fools?

Probably all of these, but only the Lord knows for sure.

Please pray for their families.

• avengers
    avengers

Hey Erie Fly:

Maybe it's the place where you should do your preaching.

Edited by - avengers on 26 August 2002 9:16:18

• amac
    amac

Syn,

I've yet to see a single person here say anything like that - in fact, oddly enough, everyone who's commented on this has been saying how horrible it is that these people had to die like this.

That is true here, but if you look at the thread below you will see otherwise...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=35131&site=3

• Scully
    Scully

amac:

Still stirring the pot, eh?

Love, Scully

• Gozz
    Gozz

A heart-rending picture, that head in a box. Grim. Horrible. Have they been duped? Yes. And it cost their lives too. Blood on the hands of those whot aught them to preach even when their safety was not guaranteed. Blood on the hands of those who've pushed the families to grief. Blood on the hands of Abu Sayyaf and the governing body of Jehovah's Wittnesses.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

You see, SYN?

• smiddy
    smiddy

BTTT

In light of recent developments , jehovahs witnesses like to boast their covering the earth with their witnessing , however I dont think they they do door to door preaching in muslim dominated lands.

smiddy

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wow! I have never heard of this story! Another instance where Jeehoober doesn't protect his own. The GB murdered those people IMO. They more than likely sent those JWs to test the waters and look for Real Estate.

Watchtards.....

DD

• sillygirlforgotpassword
    sillygirlforgotpassword

This was big news those many years ago. I went to a cong with lots of Filipinos and so maybe that;s why followed this news item interestedly.

I have to say though, the Filipino sisters in our cong did a lot of door to door sales in the guise of preaching. Or was it vice versa?
    When we first started studying the bible with the JW's,my mum joined a filipino regular pioneers sis in a day's preaching. (There were lots of zealous jw peeps, they were wonderful happy people, who think didn't always follow JW rules to the letter. No wonder they were the happier lot)

So anyway, mum went on this big preaching spree with this sister, but discovered that this sis was counting her RP hours while selling herbal products that were really illegal. Some of them were even aphrosaidiac. She hardly ever preached. SHe went from door to door with poor mum tagging along, and just tried to sell her herbs. Newly inducted mum was in a state of shock. She came home and decided she wasn't filipino preaching again.

Like I said, no wonder, they were happy heople.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit