Philippine JW Funeral Photo

by ErieGuy 19 Replies latest social current

• ErieGuy
  • Moxy
    Moxy

whats all this about?

from http://www.philstar.com/philstar/News200208230403.htm (this article doesnt even mention the witnesses)

The severed heads of two cosmetics salesmen were found on Jolo island late Wednesday and early Thursday. The Abu Sayyaf claimed the beheadings of the two men, who were among six people abducted on Tuesday.

from http://www.philstar.com/philstar/News200208230401.htm

But while authorities have established that the victims, mostly Zamboanga residents, were in Sulu simply to distribute cosmetics and other beauty products to their sales contacts, Avons local office denied that they were Avon dealers.

from http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/southeast/08/23/phil.hostages/index.html

Six were members of the Jehovah's Witnesses who were selling cosmetics door to door on Tuesday. They were accompanied by two Muslim guides who were released by the kidnappers shortly after their capture.

this is the wierdest. were they working the territory under the guise of cosmetic salseman and bringing muslim guides to find their way around? for protection? what wierd kind of 'theocratic warfare' were they up to? a terrible tragedy, but i cant help but wonder what is not being said.

mox

• Scully
    Scully

That is just too gruesome for words.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

This truly breaks my heart.

• ErieGuy
    ErieGuy

Moxy:_______

With various news reports seemingly saying contradictory things, ... WHO KNOWS what was really going on???_______

However, from the beginning, my thoughts have been similar to yours._______

The Filipino JWs were "probably" killing 2 birds with one stone: Making a living selling Avon, etc., AND using such "merchandise sales" as a guise for "selective witnessing". (This method would really rack up the hours, plus would be the only "safe" way to witness in a muslim village- assuming they watched their step, which they evidently did not.)_______

Using local Muslims as "guides" was just part of the ploy. I'm guessing that the JWs did not witness to everyone, just friendly purchasers. Then the JWs would have some "conversation starter" would would allow them to start witnessing, and probably leave literature. However, all it took is for one of the lesser cautious JWs to speak when they should have kept their mout shut, and the whole group's cover was blown._______

As much as I hate to see things like this happen to anyone, the simple fact is that the JWs placed themselves in this predicament, and the outcome was predictable. Don't stick your hand in a buzzsaw, and then blame the buzzsaw for the outcome.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

What gets me is these JW really believe they were doing God's work.Wonder what they are saying at KH around the world.They are probably saying "How wonderful they are to die in Jehovahs name,is your faith that strong?" Makes me sick.I feel sorry for them...they were majorly duped!

• StinkyPantz
  • Beans
    Beans

Quotes and I were talking about this today, were they in disguise as cosmetic salesmen trying to spread Jehovahs Word or were they really selling cosmetics and had a briefcase of Watchtowers with them incedentially?

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

JWs are required to engage in the witnessing work and attend meeting. All JWs, regardless of locale. These requirements are not waived for those who reside in countries where the organization and its work are banned.

I am reminded of countless meeting parts---particularly those that reviewed material taken from a yearbook---wherein the clever subterfuges employed by brothers in such regions (i.e., posing as door-to-door salespersons while actually engaged in the door-to-door ministry or as a family embarking on a recreational outing when actually attending a private home where a meeting is being conducted) were enthusiastically commended. Such examples were used to guilt and goad to greater zeal those who live in countries where no government sanctions impede religious freedom.

There is little question in my mind that these victims were engaging in proselytizing in the guise of selling Avon products.

AMNESIAN

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

RubyTuesday, you stated that "What gets me is these JW really believe they were doing God's work.Wonder what they are saying at KH around the world.They are probably saying "How wonderful they are to die in Jehovahs name,is your faith that strong?" Makes me sick.I feel sorry for them...they were majorly duped!"

I think that is a very heartless and weird statement to come up with. Six people were taken prisoners, two of them were beheaded, and it is a terrible thing to occur no matter what race or religion these people had / have. I feel very sorry for people going through such things, if they are Catholic nuns or priets, or oil well workers or US aid personnel. You seem to think that since they were Jehovah's Witnesses, they are nothing to mourn, they were just idiots and the world should be happy that we got rid of them. People with such an attitude are the ones who should go to the nearest river and stick their head under the water and keep it there till the next day - at least. There are no fellow Witnesses who say that this was a wonderful event, there is nothing wonderful about dying, and whatought to make one sick, is that persons like you are going around making such statements.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit