Save a prayer, I'll be droppin' bombs...

by happysunshine 11 Replies latest jw friends

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

If you have a chance, wish me luck or whisper a prayer for me. I'm going to "address an issue" with my family (drop bombs) this weekend after 7 years of silent tolerance. -J

• cellomould
    cellomould

Be patient. But say what you have to say.

Good luck!

cellmould

• Simon
    Simon

I wish you the best happysunshine - I know myself how difficult it can be.

I find it very hard to not get frustrated and emotional when they won't listen or understand.

If it's not working out - bale out.

• Francois
    Francois

Suggest you don't extemporize, or ad lib. Get your thoughts together and make an outline and do it like a #4 talk. Do a good enough job, and you might free someone else.

Leave anger outside. Remember the wise words, "Do not sin. Do not let the sun go down on your anger."

If you can say what you have to say with genuine love and concern, you will leave them all in the dust.

If you can keep your head while everyone else is losing thiers, your example will sink in soon or late.

If you can say you do what you do from the place called love, and invite them to join you, you might be really surprised at the results, the eventual results.

I hope you'll let us know how it goes.

- francois

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

HAPPYSUNSHINE,one suggestion you might try is the one that AMAZING used with his family. Role playing,asking questions to see how they would answer them if the questions came not from us,but from the field service.I would say that there really is no right or wrong way . Because of the emotional tug of war within our hearts that we all experience when we first learn that we been harmed by the wbts.it is very painstaking to accomplish our hearts desire to help our loved ones to see what we have finally come to understand about the TRUTH,about the wbts.Tread carefully and do not get discouraged .YOU have a lot of friends here who will help you through this.BLUEBLADES.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Good luck, HappySunshine!

out

• RubyTuesday
  • sf
    sf

What a great day for you...in many ways. You are a bit more courageous at this time than I (situation in (estranged) family occuring today). Your courage is inspiring. Thank you.

I wish I had been more patient with mySELF back when the 'good ews of the kingdumb hell' was layed on me. To say the least happy, I did not handle or manage the effects (absolute intense, primal, emotional pain) of that blow, very well at all. I am proud today though, how I DO manage it. It was, and sometimes is, hard to do that. Kinda like a 'bad hair day', ya know? It isn't always gonna be a 'gorgeous day'. And that's a big lesson, for me, to have learned.

Hey, how'd this become about me? hahahaha

Anyhoot, may the force be with you. And so will we be, when you come back to share the 'event' and how you are feeling.

Suggestions: breath and try to relax...your heart WILL be pounding, think of how courageous this is to be doing and remember how many are pullin' for you

After, take a hot oil bath. I'm serious, it really helps 'release' a lot of different things (thoughts, doubts, emotions). A good cry is extremely healing as well; then coupled with a belly-gut laugh...for that, come into yahoooooooooo and we will lift your spirits, if needed That's what we DO there. Along with 'pumping' URLs to the lurkers and inquisitors.

Sincerely, sKally

• Simon
    Simon

One question I asked that I think really made them think was ...

"What would the WTS have to do to prove they were not the truth?"

Either they answer that it is the truth no matter what (and most people know how lame that sounds) or else they tell you something that there is bound to be something that us exJWs know about that you can then tell them.

Some have trouble even considering the thought though.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Good luck

and excellent question Simon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit