On the Relevancy of The Institutionalization of Sin

by Perry 131 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Village Idiot
  • DJS
    DJS

Thanks VI. Dear god, Tom Delay is an atrocity. I can't believe this fool was the Fmr. US House Majority Leader. What is that, 2 spots from the Presidency?

Can he actually believe this shit, or is it just for the homies?

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

What DJS said...

Oddly enough, the more crazy talk I hear from politicians, the media, religious people, etc. the more optimistic I feel. The more and louder these people speak, the more they make themselves known so they can be mocked, challenged, and dismissed as they should be. That noise we hear are the death throes of bad ideas whose demise is overdue.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

StrongHaiku,

"The more and louder these people speak, the more they make themselves known so they can be mocked, challenged, and dismissed as they should be."

Unfortunately no. Reasons being that:

1) They're preaching to the choir who will believe anything.

2) Mainstream media rarely puts out these imbecilities so that the general public could be made aware.

3) Only liberals through their media are aware of these types of statements. For example, I got this video from Right Wing Watch a liberal organization. Moderates do not watch this.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Perry, how much of your op is your original writing and how much of it is cut and paste?
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    FayeDunaway: Which brings me to a question, have they found the 'gay' gene?
    No! but ...

1. Epigenetics may be a critical factor contributing to homosexuality, study suggests
    Date:
    December 11, 2012
    Source:
    National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS)
    Summary:
    Epigenetics -- how gene expression is regulated by temporary switches, called epi-marks -- appears to be a critical and overlooked factor contributing to the long-standing puzzle of why homosexuality occurs. According to the study, sex-specific epi-marks, which normally do not pass between generations and are thus "erased," can lead to homosexuality when they escape erasure and are transmitted from father to daughter or mother to son.
    Reference: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/12/121211083212.htm
    2. Male Homosexuality Can Be Explained Through A Specific Model Of Darwinian Evolution, Study Shows
    Date:
    June 18, 2008
    Source:
    Public Library of Science
    Summary:
    An Italian research team found that the evolutionary origin and maintenance of male homosexuality in human populations could be explained by a model based around the idea of sexually antagonistic selection, in which genetic factors spread in the population by giving a reproductive advantage to one sex while disadvantaging the other.
    reference: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080617204459.htm
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    FayeDunaway,

"Which brings me to a question, have they found the 'gay' gene? I don't recall a news story about this, but it seems probable they will if they haven't already."

Their brain has been found to be different. This article on Scientific American has some interesting points to make.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    Perry: Child murder, Sodomy & corrupting the Human Genome are not new sins, they are old ones. What is new is their institutionalization. But even that isn't totally new. It's all happened before..... before the flood and in Sodom & Gomorrah.

Is Perry relying on the bible for his reference to Sodom and Gomorrah?
    If so, I wish to hell that Christians would read their own stupid book. What does the Bible itself (outside of the actual Genesis story) tell us about the sin of Sodom?
    Outside of the biblical references that threaten people (yawn!)with the same destruction that Sodom experienced we have two key texts that describe the sin of Sodom. One is Ezekiel 16:49, here is that text from a few versions:
    New International Version
    "'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
    New Living Translation
    Sodom's sins were pride, gluttony, and laziness, while the poor and needy suffered outside her door.
    English Standard Version
    Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.
    New American Standard Bible
    "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy.
    So the sin referred to in that text (and, I guess Perry would believe the verse to be inspired) tells us that sodomy is actually, arrogance, overeating, unconcern and not helping the poor and needy.

Based on that definition of 'sodomy' Perry will find more sodomites in his new church than in all of San Francisco. Stand up in church on Sunday Perry, and tell them all those sinning Christians, str8 - if they are a bit fat from over-eating, God's gonna burn them all up.

-------------------------------------

OK the second key text is Jude verse , and based on the various renderings offered below, we can see the translators are having a bit of problem finding the right English words to convey the sense of the Greek words they are translating. So let's just accept the usual claim, that it was a direct reference to the Sodom story. So did this bible author get a mental email directly from the Yahweh/Jesus combo God, or what? Scholarship seems fairly well in agreement that Jude (thought to be the Jude who was the brother of Jesus) just copied that from 1 Enoch, which, of course, brings some problems. The writings known as Enoch are thought to be Jewish from the Hellenic period, and are not accepted as scripture by either Judaism or Christianity (excepting two small Orthodox churches). So for Jude to quote from Enoch is a bit like using you Pastor's sunday sermon as a reference
    New International Version
    In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
    New Living Translation
    And don't forget Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and serve as a warning of the eternal fire of God's judgment.
    English Standard Version
    just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.
    New American Standard Bible
    just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
    If we eliminate Jude 7 from the discussion on the grounds that it uses a spurious book, and focus on the Genesis version and Ezekiel's view. You'll have to agree that the use of the word sodomy as a synomyn for anal sex, is not well supported in the Bible.
    And, when we realise that no biblical text stops a husband from having anal sex with his wife, we start to wonder what's going on in the minds of these people who are so angry about gays. There are some serious mental disturbances on view.

• Perry
    Perry

DJS,

It is just a fact of our existence that eternity is ours for keeps. It's just part of the design. The Watchtower brainwashed us into believing that consciousness stops at the separation of the soul and body. Other secular ideologies try to dumb down humans into believing the same thing like materialism and naturalism.

All three of those ideologies believe that the worst thing that can happen to a person is non-existence at death. God says consciousness is forever. What we believe has a big effect on how we view ourselves and others.

If a person views things from the point of view of God who says that you will be conscious forever, even if dead; then the outlook will be very different than someone who believes that they are here briefly and then are unconscious forever.

This is part of the Christian message that Jesus asked to be preached in Acts 10. Christians are against sin (and the institutionalization of it) not because it is particularly relevant to their own lives in many cases, but because if not dealt with properly, will separate people from all that can be characterized as "good" for eternity. It is certainly nothing personal. Love of neighbor causes me to speak my mind at times, as it should for everyone.

Existence is forever.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Love of neighbor causes me to speak my mind at times

Thats why you post this thread comprised of hatred and prejudice against gay people , you sure are good Christian Perry !

I suppose if someone wanted to re institute slavery based from what they've read in the bible , you would stand behind that person 100 % , being that the bible is the true word of god and all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit