On the Relevancy of The Institutionalization of Sin

by Perry 131 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

Child murder, Sodomy & corrupting the Human Genome are not new sins, they are old ones. What is new is their institutionalization. But even that isn't totally new. It's all happened before..... before the flood and in Sodom & Gomorrah.

With the SCOTUS ruling on Friday, there is going to be a lot of professional victims out of a purpose. Where does a PV go to from here?

What's on the Horizon?

This legally married homosexual couple in Massachusetts added another woman to their marriage and had lawyers draw up a legal agreement since three-way homo marriage is still coming down the court house pike. This is exactly how homosexual unions/marriage got started.

This of course will lead to three (or more) parent babies, which is already legal in the UK:

And there is still the horizon of transhumanism with animals and machines and then boldly forward onto posthumanism.

The below paragraph was copied from an opening post on another thread:

To be blunt, you shouldn't listen to me, except when I make appeal to common sense, logic, reason, science, and Scripture which you agree with in your heart and in your mind. After all, you don't need to be a rocket scientist or have a college degree in order to know what is right and wrong, and to have good morals and ethics. In fact, you don't even need to be religious to be a good, moral person.

I see a lot of Christians making similar arguments. The problem is when you appeal to authority other than scripture there is no difference from your opinion than anyone else.

I am against practicing homosexuality for one reason only, God says no. I am certainly against the institutionalization of it for the same reason, and no other. God also says no to adultery and a number of other things that some people find pleasurable.

When I left the Watchtower I trusted no one, most of all God. I placed my trust fully in myself for many years. It solved some issues, but on balance it created more problems than it solved. I came to realize that it was not within my constitution to be the final arbiter of right and wrong. I just couldn't see far enough down the road and I couldn't trust the things that I thought I did see.

Things looked clear enough, but I would find out the hard way that A & B really are the same shade like God said they were, even though they appeared so different to me.

Eventually, after accepting Christ's New Covenant, I found out that God's Yesses far outnumbered his No's. I have found God to be a very kind and patient gentleman after making friends with him through the blood of Jesus.

But my testimony, scripture and even morals or ethics are not the ultimate reason to believe God. The ultimate reason to believe God is because you were created in his image, in his likeness. The eternal God made man with an eternal consciousness so that no matter what... they could enjoy each other's company forever.

Just because we disagree with God from time to time doesn't create a work order for God to destroy our eternal soul/consciousness. Whether we choose to enjoy God's fellowship through the blood of Christ and the rebirth or not; it doesn't change our "eternalness" that is fundamental to our nature and construction. It does however change where we will spend eternity and with whom.

Imagine being in an uncomfortable situation void of all comforts for ever and ever and ever and ever.... unable to cease being conscious - for eternity.

God, in his wisdom gives people what they want..... complete freedom in him, or from him.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    oy vey
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This is exactly how homosexual unions/marriage got started.

Hypothetical bullshit I hope God forgives you for lying Perry !

I have found God to be a very kind and patient gentleman after making friends with him through the blood of Jesus.

Will you say the same thing about him when he kills most of the human inhabitants of earth particularly those who didn't worship him, or get baptized in his name. Thats a lot kids with their mothers that are going to killed left on the ground to wrought for the birds to feed off, as told in the book of Revelation ?

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

You've gone from being a JW to a Born Again. That is quite a feat! I bet 5 years from now you're an atheist.

Imagine being in an uncomfortable situation void of all comforts for ever and ever and ever and ever.... unable to cease being conscious - for eternity.

Sounds exactly how my life was as a JW.

• coalize
    coalize
    Child murder, Sodomy & corrupting the Human Genome are not new sins, they are old ones. What is new is their institutionalization.

I stop to read after this. Start exactly like a right-wing homophobic hateful propaganda. I'm tired of these bullshit!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Perry - I am against practicing homosexuality for one reason only, God says no.

In that case, we should all agree with stuff and even though it's in the OT, Jesus said he came to fulfill it: Matthew 5:17-19 – "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

What does the unchanging God command?

Slavery.Exodus 21:20-21 – "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property."

Killing non believers. Deuteronomy 17. and more happifying scriptures.

Killing children - lots of scriptures. Apparently, if my son is disobedient I must take him outside and stone him to death. Thank you for clearing that up for me god.

...and other vile things the Bible commands. There's no getting around it!

So, on the back of this, I reject the vile psychopath god of the Bible or that pigswill Quran.

God is a monster. He has no love accept for himself.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I am against practicing homosexuality for one reason only, God says no.

Wrong, man said no from men who were most likely were not Homosexual and when its realized that this social direction was established 2000 years ago when mankind was completely ignorant about human sexuality, its not surprising that they expressed their decision as they did.

Homosexuality is a genetic disorder, just like people who are born with other physical abnormalities.

The point being what difference does it make as long as people are united in peace and harmony with the rest of society, who bring up their own children with nurturing care love and attention.

Homosexuality is not going away, so we might as well be tolerant and acceptance without hateful prejudices.

• coalize
    coalize
    Homosexuality is a genetic disorder, just people who are born with other physical abnormal defects.

No!

That is false!

No serious scientific research tends to prove that point! At contrary, they tends to prove that homosexuality is basically normal.

• DJS
    DJS

Thanks coalize. It makes no difference if being gay is 100% choice, 100% genetics or a combination. Get over it, people. Perry, you go away for a while only to return with a vengeance (and I mean that word in the Jah/Jesus way).

I don't participate in your theist rants, but I will give you something else to put in your pipe and smoke:

Published June 30, 2015 Associated Press, OKLAHOMA CITY – A Ten Commandments monument on the Oklahoma Capitol grounds is a religious symbol and must be removed because it violates the state's constitutional ban on using public property to benefit a religion, the Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled on Tuesday.

Oklahoma's highest court said the Ten Commandments chiseled into the 6-foot-tall granite monument, which was privately funded by a Republican legislator, are "obviously religious in nature and are an integral part of the Jewish and Christian faiths."

The 7-2 ruling overturns a decision by a district court judge who determined the monument could stay.

Yes, last Friday and this Monday were good days; they were very good days.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Let me put it this way Perry.

When in church it's nice to hear that Jesus loves you.

If you hear that in a Mexican prison you've got a big problem!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit