Car group stopped by

by All for show 13 Replies latest jw friends

• All for show
    All for show

A car group out in service stopped by. We don't even live in the territory,not even close. We happened to be outside with the kids playing. We have been missing from all things JW. Husband has had a beard, which he recently shaved. Kinda cycles through that.

anyway, my seven year old is talking to the adults, none were servants, on how old each of the kids are now. Then the kids went on about how baby girl just had her first bday, how much they loved birthdays and her birthday cake. I didn't say anything. The sisters looked wide eyes mouths gapping open. Then they told us now was the time to train them young so we don't have problems later. Husband said, " isn't raising children about training them, or am I missing something?" They offered no answer, but one old sister told us to show up to the KH of we had the time.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Imagine such a ridiculous reaction to a child having a birthday cake! Ask them what scripture says you cannot recognize someone's day of birth. Or why is it ok to have a baby shower cake but not a cake after the birth. Or why is it ok to celebrate a wedding anniversary but not a birth anniversary. Such stupid man made rules. So happy I didn't raise my child in the cult.
  • DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

This purpose of this mission:

1) gather intel

2) accumulate service time

3) dump appropriate payloads of guilt trips & intimidation tactics

4) report back

mission accomplished

• All for show
    All for show
    Oh yes. I was mortified about the birthday thing. As much as we say don't talk about, it's for our family. Out of the mouths of babes... You can't control kids.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I've gotten in trouble the exact same way. It is mortifying!! And yet, you are letting your kids have fun in a normal kid way without introducing freaky rule 'no no' nonsense to them. So keep that in perspective. Remember the witnesses are mind controlled and know not what they do (because they haven't researched it) and enjoy life. If you get called by elders, ignore as long as possible. The time between you being active witnesses and elders addressing this issue matters.
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

HI, All for Show -

People do control kids but it takes a lot of intimidation and mean treatment - so I'm glad you don't try to control what your kids say!

Those jw cultists probably got that message - that your children are living free and not squashed down into jars marked Property of WT.

Marina

• millie210
    millie210

I agree with Faye, that is mortifying when it happens (I had a similar visit recently) but I love your take on it "out of the mouth of babes" indeed! LOL

So they told you to train them now so you wont have problems later and yet 2/3 of all JW kids flee the Org when they can.

So what good does all that "training" do?

You sound like you are doing the wise thing....might as well relax and raise your children to be good people and enjoy cake!

• tiki
    tiki

oh my - the evil of it - a celebration of a child's life........and cake?!? how utterly heinously pagan!!!!

I like the line in one of dido's songs "what I choose to do, is of no significance to you....and your friends"

• ssn587
    ssn587
    Despite there being at least three references to BDs in the supposed word of hog...err God. They want to keep their thumbs on your life. No enjoyment until morale improves.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Your child had birthday cake?!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit