I may get a visit from the P.O. :(

by crownboy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

Just tell the PO you have pictures of him and that hot Sister. Alone. Clothing-free.

On a serious note, there is no easy way out of this. You've pretty much gotta take destiny in your hands and make a decision that you feel will be best for you. As you are still living with your parents (I can understand that, I was too not too many years ago, I know how it is ), your actions will directly reflect on your lifestyle.

If you DA, they might shun you, and your relatives almost certainly will cease to recognise the fact of your existence!

DO NOT tell them you've been on the Web. In some Halls, that's as good as signing your own DA letter!

Why don't you just tell them you've been "stumbled", and then "forget" to mention the names of the Brothers and Sisters who stumbled you? This is an ideal solution, except they will hound for the names of the people who "stumbled" you!

• dmouse
    dmouse

Plan A: Agree with everything they say, tell them what they want to hear, afterwards just carry on with your life exactly the same. They won't realise you haven't changed until the PO comes around again next year, repeat the performance again and by the time the PO comes around again you should be about outta there!

Plan B : On the other hand...if you have very pushy parents...try telling them that you 'want to make the truth your own' and any pressure from them upsets you. Tell them that you want to think about things for a while and make up your own mind about 'the truth'. They may ask if you have any 'doubts'. Don't be specific, just say that you need time. Imply that pressure to conform might make things worse..maybe they'll be happier with a wavering child rather than a rabid apostate!

You know, thinking about this there ain't no easy answer! Just remember that hundreds if not thousands of JW young-uns are going through exactly the same situation around the world.

My sympathies.

• Mum
    Mum

Is there any way you can have something else to do on the date of the "serious meeting?" Maybe you can become suddenly ill and need to go to the emergency room. Even if you can't avoid the meeting altogether, maybe you can arrange to have to be someplace else at a certain time, giving you an excuse to cut the meeting short.

Just tell them that you're going through a "bad patch" or something like that and reassure them of your unwavering belief in "Jehovah's organization" and apologize for your apparent inability to "live up to Bible principles" because of your "human weakness" and busy life. Just lay on the B***S*** and eat some humble pie, and as suggested elsewhere, rejuvenate your activity for a couple of weeks and start fading again.

Two years pass very quickly. Best wishes.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I would not avoid meeting with them. That would spark more trouble.

I would listen, keep my mouth shut, nod and tell them you've been tired, busy, etc. Maybe say you'll try to be more regular at the Sunday meeting for now. Tell them "baby steps" for now. Then do what you want. You can't be forced to DA and they can't DF you if you aren't confessing to stuff, etc.

• mann377
    mann377

Here's one for the record book: I had the same problem many years ago. So I took there advice and went out in service with one of them, but with a suprise. I did not bathe for three days and stunk to high heaven, so I show up for service and asked who could I ride with. Needless to say it was a very short field service day! Everyone thought of excusses to go on return visits in their own car. The next week I went to the Sunday talk, but before I went to the meeting I ate lots of carb's and sugar! I sat on the front row and farted loud all through the meeting. Do these things three times in a row and call me in the moring.

• Mary
    Mary

One thing to keep in mind: we live in a free country and you are under NO obligation to meet with the elders if you don't want to. If the PO does call you telling you he wants to come and talk to you, just say "no, I don't feel like it." He can't FORCE you to and as pathetic as they are, they can't DF you for missing alot of meetings.

One area you might try is inventing some sort of sickness.....it's harder with guys, but maybe tell him that you haven't been to the meetings because you think you may be infected with the West Nile Virus or maybe something contagious. You haven't told your parents as you don't want them to worry and PLEASE don't say anything to them! Elders LOVE knowing other peoples "secrets" and he'd get right off on this.

I got a call a few months ago from one of the elders to discuss MY poor meeting attendence. He asked if he could come over.

I said, "I really don't feel up to it now".

Elder: "Oh, you're not feeling well?"

Me: "No, I haven't felt well for a while".

Elder: "What seems to be the problem"

Me: "Do you really want to know?"

Elder: "Well, yes, I DO want to know" (nosy bastard.......so I let him have it)

Me: Well, I've been having alot of problems with my period lately, and my emotions are right off the deep end and the doctor wants to do some tests to see what's going on down there, it's really bad."

ABSOLUTE SILENCE.

ROFLMFAO!!! You see, no matter what they teach them in Elder School, this is ONE area that NO ELDER (or any man) wants to go near. He got off the phone in record time and I haven't heard from him since.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Anyway, do NOT tell them what you really think. Either try the above, or just sit there and say "yes sir, no sir, three bags full"....and just continue on the way you are. In two years you'll be out of there and that'll be that.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I use the old, "I tend to work weird and/or excessive hours and a lot of times it interferes with the meetings. I try the best that I can!"

It has worked for me in the past, oh, 4 years or so? The elders in my hall seem not to care what I do, as long as my wife still attends. That appears to be what matters the most to them. Fine with me, they can leave me alone for all I care.

• DJ
    DJ

Wow! I think that I would just as soon move out. Don't you feel sorta guilty doing this? dj

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

As you speak to the elders you must realize you are really speaking to your parents. The meeting was arranged because of a discussion between your parents and the elders. Design your response to satisfy your parents and you will make every one happy. If you do it right both the elders and your parents will fall all over themselves trying to be understanding. Be assured they will be discussing you after that meeting.

• Scully
    Scully

Mary:

I love the "I'm having trouble with my periods" excuse. It knocks the wind right out of their self-righteous sails and sends them skittering away like cockroaches seeking a dark corner.

Unfortunately, I have my doubts that someone who uses the moniker "crownBOY" would get away with that one.

ROFLMAO anyway.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit