Elders and search warrants.....

by hillary_step 20 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

HS,

These cunning stunts pile up like compost

"Cunning stunts". I was thinking more along the lines of St****** c****. That's how I feel about the WTS.

TR

• Mary
    Mary

Well, well, well, let's think about that........what sort of records would the authorities be interested in? Surely they're just dying to know how many hours the average Witness got in the month before, right??? Or maybe a brother got a "Work On" the last time they gave a talk! His introduction was not appropriate to theme and surely THAT'S something the authorities would be interested in!

Or geeze, maybe they're interested in some of the pedophiles in the congregation eh?? But of course, that's just the media and apostates talking........there's really no problem with child molestation within the Organization..........and if you don't believe me, ask JR Brown!

• waiting
    waiting

I would assume that these instructions are pretty much the same as an attorney would give any large corporation.....even Martha Stewart. "Don't talk, don't give, call me first."

Why? Self-preservation.

I think we all agree that the WTBTS is worried about itself more than anything else. God forbid is the Courts found out that the locals were changing the hours on the witnessing timesheets!

Or how many pedophiles haven't been reported.

waiting

• somebody
    somebody

HS,

Thank you. Very interesting!

I looked up the Awake article of Jan.22,1985 that was stated to "See",but I don't see any article with that title in it. Must have been an error on their part.

I have a question to ask you. ....Do elders keep copies(or originals) of S77 or S79 forms on file in the kingdom halls?

peace,

somebody

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello Somebody,

These forms are sent to the Branches and not kept on record at the KH's. Only one record exists. What is kept on record in the congregation files in a sealed envelope, are the notes made at JC's and the letter signed by the three elders involved in th JC outlining crime and sentence!

Hope that this helps - HS

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

HS -

Is the scanned document a BOE letter or some other communication from the WTS? What is the date on the document? Is it posted in full somewhere?

• outnfree
    outnfree

Nathan,

Yes, it is a [U.S.] Body of Elders letter dated July 1, 1989. The full text was available at watchtower.observer.org and I think is available also at silentlambs.org.

outnfree

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Yes Nathan,

You may find this one a little different as it is not the US version of the letter and would probably differ slightly in its legal context, though the broad advise would be similar. This letter is not dated July 1st 1989. I have all the BOE letters from from 1977 if you are looking for any in particular.

Best - HS

• outnfree
    outnfree

Sorry, HS! [:|]

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

No Problem Out,

It no doubt is virtually identical anyway.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit