DO YA MISS "THE SWEET FELLOWSHIP"?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I miss what I used to have at the Kingdom Hall when I was growing up. Back then I used to look forward to going and I had (or so I thought) quite a lot of friends. But in retrospect, I was growing up in an abusive and incestuous home, so maybe my perspective was just a wee bit off . . . .

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Gee, I've been so busy weeping and gnashing my teeth for the past 9 1/2 years - I hadn't noticed!

Lessee...did I miss:

Waking up at 5:00 am to do "street witnessing", on the way to my full-time job - then rushing from my job to a bookstudy or Service meeting?

How 'bout missing the TMS overseer asking me to "take the #2 talk, because Bro. So & So can't make it - almost every week?

Or, do I miss the gossip, the back-stabbing, the snubbing, the snickering, the pettiness (and I'm just talking about the MS's & elders, here!)?

Did I miss the "sweet fellowship" of Brother Ancient regaling me with stories about the "Good Ol' Days", when women and "colored folks" knew their place?

Or being awakened by a phone call every other Saturday morning, because whoever was assigned to lead the group from my Bookstudy group couldn't make it, every other week?

Hmmm... uh, that would be a resounding "NO!!!"

Edited by - Michael3000 on 28 August 2002 17:43:18

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

How do you miss something you never had?

Mrs R

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

After being "shunned",being called "son of the devil", having my so called "brothers and sisters" looking at me in discust some turning around and running the opposite direction as if I am something fearfull all I can think of is what happened to all my good friends that said they would stick by me no matter what happens?

do I miss thier "sweet fellowship"? HA! not a chance!

............................................Jedd AKA Mr. Evil

• Beans
    Beans

Oh gag, everytime I think about it I feel sick. Fellowship sucks!

Beans

• butalbee
    butalbee

I'd rather walk barefeet on hot flaming coals.

• Quotes
    Quotes

BadSeed said:

Hell no. I hated my hall, and 98 percent of the people in it. The other 2, can be found on this board, posting away

And took the words out of my mouth... err, out of my typing fingers.

I don't miss the boring meetings which were 80% people 60 years my senior (and with nothing in common with me). There was no sweet fellowship there.

Yes, there were a few nice people there, and there was the occasional semi-regular activity: ice-skating.

But on the whole, of those in my peer group, the two true friends I most trusted and most valued are now OUT with me. And we have true sweet fellowship and enjoy life's heartaches and triumphs together!

Add to that the new friends I have that were never JWs, and I have a great life with all the sweet fellowhip I need, and more.

Watchtower, you may be fooling some of the JWs, and you are probably fooling yourself, but you are not fooling anyone else with your pathetic, simplistic bull-crap!

Sweet Fellowship MY A$$!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit