DO YA MISS "THE SWEET FELLOWSHIP"?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

i was at the meeting for the first of 2 parts on df'ing this week.

i wanted to hurl when i heard those words "sweet fellowship".

even though i find it repulsive to walk into those buildings, i am on a mission.

wish i could say more, but i still have one more covert activity to plan for.

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

dsgal, welcome, I have'nt spoken to you before. You are totally right in what you are saying, there was plenty of people in the congregations that were sort of "outsiders" to everyone else. Usually these were one parent familys, or Jw whose married but their mate is an unbeliever, basically any unconventional familys that would not be considered the "norm" for JW's - I noticed quite a few ignored ones were people other than white, which was disturbing, to say the least.

These people were almost shunned and never invited anywhere, in fact I have been in certain malicious congregations where they were made the centre of jokes and horrific slander for JW's.

I know where you are coming froma nd am glad you got out of this cold situation.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

My therapist told me that it's unhealthy to have only one support group because when that's taken away you are totally alone. She advised me to build friends in different areas of my life: work, neighbors, PTA, etc. and I see that she is right because once I stopped going to meetings I had nothing and no one. Well, actually, that is when I found out who my real friends are and just how much time I spent giving to an organization that thinks I'm fairly worthless. Once I got rid of one hour on Tuesday, two hours on Thursday, 1-3 hours on Saturday morning, and two hours on Sunday, I was able to spend time playing with my children, join the PTA and actually show up at the school for functions, blow bubbles in the driveway while my 6-year-old played Godzilla and tried to knock them all down, take the basset for a walk, read a book, . . . . wow. It's, like, a real life!

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Hell no. I hated my hall, and 98 percent of the people in it. The other 2, can be found on this board, posting away.

• jozb5
    jozb5

NO!

Josie

• JBean
    JBean

Firstly: You GO Zev! : )

Personally, I do not miss anyone that I used to hang around with! Sorry to say, but even before I started missing meetings, I thought the folks there were just plain weird. Nice, yes, but wierd also. Very robot-like in EVERYTHING. I asked a "worldly" (ooooohhhh) friend of mine once recently "was I ever like that?" and their response was "hell no! That's why you're not there anymore!!!" HA! I've said this before to other posts, but JW's think they can do and say anything and it doesn't matter... 'cos they're IN THE TRUTH! What a crock.

• kheli
    kheli

What "sweet fellowship"? In my old hall, if you weren't apart of the right clique, you didn't exist. I just miss my one best girlfriend. Everyone else were fake anyway...they were just substitutes for the "real" thing.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: DO YA MISS "THE SWEET FELLOWSHIP"?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HEE HEE, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Youmustbejokingright?

Farkel

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I HATE ALL JW'S RIGHT NOW. BACKSTABBERS, BETRAYERS, PUFFED UP WITH PRIDE............................... I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

It seems some have missed their friends. Others did not have too many friends and so didn't miss much. But the thought behind missing sweet fellowship is supposed to be that if everybody stopped talking and associating with you, it would break you down and then you could come back to Jehovah (the organization).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit