by dmouse 18 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

Announcements in Sept 2002 KM:

• Latte
    Latte

dmouse,

Thanks for posting!

I was under the impression (wrongly so) that they were not to offer the 'Paradise book' I wonder how they handle anyone who wants to study it? So much for the FDS providing food at the 'proper time'!

Oh JW's..........WAKE UP!

Latte

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Looks like they are still trying to get rid of the old stock, eh, Latte?

This just shows how quickly the memory fails, but, I thought the "Advanced Directive" was the form, not the card.

Also, I note from that scan that we can look forward to our annual Gestapo visit (2nd Column, first bullet point).

Also that September is a "Pink" month Gotta love that funky colour.

I wonder what the amazing announcement will be in the October KM. What's the bet that it will be something to do with studying the new "Worship" book, with people.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl
    I note from that scan that we can look forward to our annual Gestapo visit (2nd Column, first bullet point).

They wouldn't even answer my plea for help a few months after being disfellowshipped. I was upset because my sexually abusive father was allowed to remain an elder. I asked some questions about some of my doubts. Months later, when I asked my sister (still an active JW) to find out when I would hear from them, they told her I 'sounded argumentative, so they weren't going to answer.'

Now I couldn't give a toss if they did. Not going back.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Little Toe, you are correct - this is about the form, and not about the card.

In my country, some congregations received and distributed the card, while others did not - rather confusing .....

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, this is what is called a Medical Health Care Power of Attorney in the US. The new cards for this year were destroyed but this several page form was still available. It only has to be filled out once and only replaced when you want to change the person named as power of attorney or you move to a different state (each has it own requirements).

I wonder if the cards will be phased out?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

this is also called durable power of attorney, or as some of us call it, the death warrant.
    I was reassured that the rogue card (no allogenic transfusions) really did exist; a pub had a card signed at bookstudy last week and the elder got a scared look on his face and said which card is that?
    "There were some bad ones out there"

• dmouse
    dmouse
    this is about the form, and not about the card

That's confusing because I just looked at my wife's blood card and it quite clearly states on the top:

Advance Medical Directive/Release

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    I wonder what the amazing announcement will be in the October KM. What's the bet that it will be something to do with studying the new "Worship" book, with people.

It's probably just that the new convention releases will be listed in the announcements as new publications available. Can't ruin the big surprise for people who haven't been to the convention yet, you know!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I see the December offer is the Live Forever book.

Now that should be interesting!

Firstly, it's not one of the basic text books leading to baptism.

Secondly, so much of what it contains is "old light".

Can you imagine the publisher having to make a disclaimer: "Oh, I know, it says that the generation that saw 1914 will see Armageddon, but that's not something Jehovah's Witnesses believe."

"Oh," says the householder, "what happens to those who still teach that?".

Publisher replies: "They would be disfellowshiped because they are rebellious apostates".

Why on earth do they still circulate that stuff iof they don't believe it?

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 23 August 2002 10:26:13

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit