JWism retaking control of wife's family

by The JHWH 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Londo111
    Londo111

Those outsiders who are drawn to Jehovah’s Witnesses, who might be reluctant to do research or hear anything negative about the organization, seem to be drawn to the love-bombing.

Sometimes it is hard for some to reconcile the smiling, friendly JW that comes to their door with the dark reports about shunning, child abuse, and so forth. And any negative report about the organization can be whitewashed away and if a person does not examine the whitewash carefully, what is carefully left out, then the outsider can wonder how anyone can say anything bad about such nice people. Anyone saying anything critical just might sound like unpleasant noise they would rather not hear or believe.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Can you have a semi neutral conversation with bro in law? encourage him to independently research while he is free to do so? You dont have to degrade it, but ask wuestions to make HIM wonder what hes missed. If they have an emptiness that needs filling, address it accordingly. They are vulnerable for a reason. Find out root causes. Good luck.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    The cult sure like to break up families, as you know if they get a foot hold in your family there will be no talking to the non JW family members.
  • maksutov
    maksutov

The JHWH:

Maksutov – I don't expect JWs to behave rationally, I learned that when my wife was mentally still in. I do however expect that someone thats never been a JW, thus having no emotional attatchments to the religion, to be interested enough to do some basic research on the subject if he has a loved one with heavy affiliations with the religion.

And I also expect that any outsider with half a brain and even a touch of honesty, regardless of whatever hardships he/she maybe facing, will see the self-evident; its a cult. A lie. Failed predictions, lying about its own history, lying about scientific research(ers), lying about other religions, denying real phenomena, harmful and dangerous policies – if this isn't an obvious hoax then I don't know what is.

From a JW i would expect denial and spinning issues but not from an outsider.

I think that is true of most people, but for someone with a close relative in the cult it is a bit different. Take my FIL for example. While he was working, running his own business, he had colleagues and friends. When he retired, he had nothing but a wife who was busy going to meetings and on the ministry. No friends, no purpose in life, and a fear of death looming. It was a more attractive prospect for him to join her and get his own needs met, than to critically and honestly investigate. He, like most who succumb, does not care whether it is true or not, only whether it makes him feel better than he felt before. There are none so blind as those who don't want to see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit