WTS to pay Ransom of 4 captives....yeah right

by ISP 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Wrong Amac!

You can get 'kidnap' insurance. If you work in a volatile area it is always a possibility that you may get kidnapped. The government will not get involved but companies i.e. businesses often do. The WTS is the biggest non-prophet...yes-please profit Org you can imagine. They have money in the bank doing nothing. They could use some on saving some lives here. If they do not...they are blood guilty.

ISP

• amac
    amac

ISP,

Interesting point. However, I don't think it has been determined whether or not these were official missionaries sent there by the WT. They were from the Phillipines so very well may have gone on their own accord. I don't think it is feasible to expect the WT to take out insurance on every single JW that lives in a volatile area as I don't think kidnapping for ransom is a normal enough occurence. And I don't think it can be purchased retroactively, so it is too late for these 4 victims.

I don't know enough about how the different governments handle these types of situations, but from the news reports it seems that the Phillipine gov't is taking complete control and would not allow any ransom's to be paid since they said that would be their last resort.

• ISP
    ISP

I am wholly convinced that they were not missionaries. I do think that they were on a preaching mission of some sort...ala yearbook experience...There was an elaborate cover......ie Avon etc. They are JWs held to ransom. It matters not that they are not missionaries. Lives are lives and money is money.

ISP

• amac
    amac

I feel the same way about them not being missionaries. But if that is the case, then the WT wouldn't have known they were going to be preaching in this volatile area and not had the foresight to get any insurance on them. Even if they did have the foresight, I don't think they would ever buy kidnapping insurance as I don't think many JWs get held for ransom. So that leads me back to my original point of...what exactly can the WT do? I don't know but my guess is that in this situation, they can't pay a ransom even if they wanted to (and maybe they have already tried...who knows?)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBTS pay for the ransome of their own members?..I doubt it..They let the dubs in Malowe die for 25cents each...OUTLAW

• ISP
    ISP

Kidnap insurance is for those businesses who see the need. if you don't take it out like the WTS......you pay the full hit yourself. It might have been cheaper to pay the premium....but there you go..you take the chance. The WTS should pay rather than let these ones die. Like I said...lives are lives and money is money. The WTS in New York may have not sanctioned the assignment...but the local branch did. It matters not. Get the cheque book out.

ISP

• ISP
    ISP
    *** g99 11/8 29 Watching the World *** International companies now buy kidnap and ransom insurance policies to cover the ransom as well as costs for professional negotiators and psychological counselors.
  • ISP
    ISP
    *** g99 12/22 5-6 Kidnapping-Commercialized Terror *** Victims and their families are not the only ones touched by kidnappings. Fear of kidnapping can halt tourism and slow down investments; it also creates a sense of insecurity in society. In just a few months in 1997, six international companies moved out of the because of the kidnapping threat. A Filipino woman working for a group called Citizens Against Crime exclaimed: We are living a nightmare.

Phillipines is a well known danger area.

ISP

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I HATE THE WT................ I DESPISE THE WT.........THEY RIP FAMILIES APART , THEY ARE VERY BLOODGUILTY,,, MUCH BLOOD ON THOSE HANDS. THEY MAKE ME SICK!!!!

• ISP
    ISP

The WTs has allowed 2 to die/be murdered. They cannot sit by and let the others die also........surely.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit