JWD a Dysfunctional Place?

by Victor_E 19 Replies latest jw friends

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

This forum is as dysfunctional as any flesh and blood family. Just like with flesh and blood, may disagree with you, but I will defend you all just the same. No matter what your point of view is, if you are a person who was brave enough to leave the Watchtower and start living life, you have my love and support.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JWD...

...putting the fun in dysfunctional.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

You think this is dysfunctional? You should have been here in the past.....

This is a quiet time compared.

• Victor
    Victor

Blues I know this is child's play. In the old days pre JWD, H2O and other forums it was a constant flame wars I even jumped in a few with the Vikings lol

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VICTOR:

I remember seeing some VERY angry posters I think on this and other forums many years ago.. I got the sense that some thought WHO the hell they were!

I wonder what became of these people and what they think about the JW religion today??

• Gadget
    Gadget

I've seen a lot of dysfunction over the years, I think its part and parcel of people leaving something like the JWs that its a dysfuntional time of their lives and the group reflects that.Bearing that in mind it's amazing just how functional this place is.......

When this post was written back in 2002 it was particularly dysfunctional, the group itself was fairly new so there were no longtime members providing stability, the admin were still finding their feet, and there were lots of arguments and flamewars..... Its grown a lot since then but I think it's sad when I see other groups and individuals not learning from it and seeing the same issues that were present here years ago in other groups and campaigns currently.

• Simon
    Simon

Gadget! I was just thinking about you the other day, seriously! Don't know what triggered it, maybe seeing a motorcycle vanish into the distance in the blink of an eye? But you popped into my head and I wondered how you were getting on.

I think a lot of these things are inevitable and just people-being-people. Not everyone will get on, sometimes people rub certain other people the wrong way so the more you put together, the more inevitable it becomes.

It's always a shame if people make things too personal though and the excessive levels of animus and desire for retaliation and harassment that sometimes happen online is very disappointing. We've been victims of it more than once, but I think it's given me better 'radar' to notice it forming and not tolerating it. One of the biggest mistakes I think I made early on was sometimes thinking too well of people and trying to be too patient.

Anyway, we'll all be dead from climate change and coronavirus soon so we shouldn't take everything else so seriously.

• Victor
    Victor

Longhairgal I never kept up with anyone from the forums. I drop in every few years to find some are dead. One that comes to mind is Farkel. My impression of him based solely on his postings was that he was deeply wounded and never healed to the extent of rising above his JW experience.

VE

• Victor
    Victor

Simon, to date, you have the longest running forum of ex JW,s so you must be doing something right, year after year. Thanks for the memories 😀

VE

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon, to date, you have the longest running forum of ex JW,s so you must be doing something right, year after year. Thanks for the memories

It just screams "stubborn" doesn't it? LOL

I drop in every few years to find some are dead.

I often think about people who have come and gone over the years. It feels like that last season of Lost - just lives that happen to overlap for a period of time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit