HUGE!! St. Petersburg Times Article!

by Ranchette 19 Replies latest jw friends

• writerpen
    writerpen

Don't want to bust anyone's bubble, but this was in a thread earlier today.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=35143&site=3

Great article though.

• ErieGuy
    ErieGuy

SORRY, Writerspen, don't want to bust YOUR bubble, but this news article, which DESERVES/NEEDS AS MUCH EXPOSURE AS POSSIBLE was on the board 2 hours before someone from your clique posted it:______

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=35139&site=3

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Whoops, I did not see the article posted on the front page and thought it would be if it had been posted already as important as it is.

But I agree with Eri Guy

this news article, which DESERVES/NEEDS AS MUCH EXPOSURE AS POSSIBLE

So it really wouldn't matter to me if the board was full of these threads today. It doesn't matter who was first.What matters is getting the word out. Right?

Sheila Bowen

• ErieGuy
    ErieGuy

Already getting inquiries back from "small town editors".

• Tammie
    Tammie

Very good aritcle. I hope my aunt reads it. She lives in St. Petersburg.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns
    Not even the marriage bed is beyond the Watch Tower's purview.

Brown said Witnesses believe that sexual activity between men and women should "follow the normal course" of things. "We feel that oral or anal intercourse would go beyond that."

Couples are often counseled accordingly before marriage, Brown said. Guilt-ridden Witnesses have gone before judicial committees to confess wayward sex acts with their spouses.

Path

• Southland
    Southland

wow - good article!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

What an incredable news article. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. That reporter was very accurate with the information stated. The world is getting to see how cruel JW's are to families and friends.

Ofc

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

I thought Shriley did great. Shriley was nervous and upset because now she felt she would be forever branded as the "devil worker" and never se her kids again. We told her how will that change what she is going though now? So one up here for Shirley jackson who story is so heartbreaking. I have known her for a while and glad I had no family as JWS.

This article began as a response to an article which ws pro-JW a few weeks ago about the Stratton Case in the St. Pete Times.

When I saw it I asked Sharon if the paper would do an article on the "other side" At first she told me the paper probaly won't do it. I told her about Bill and got her somelocal contact in the XJWS ministry in the area.

I got interviewed by my issues were very old (over 10 years) and out of the area.

When you see article which are pro JW, be polite to the reported and see if they would do an article on the other side.

Plase foward the article to the local papers, for it may soften the editor for our plight.

Love Tess

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Yes, very good article!!

thank you!

Randy Watters

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit