Most cool Jw leader ?

by haujobbz 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

Most cool Jw Leader?I heard Knorr was kind of frosty.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Id have to go with Russell because of that cool goatee thing he's got going on.

Seriously though, pictures of him used to freak me out as a kid, I don't know why, but dude looked weird.

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

Yeah i still say russ?

He was defenitely into the egyptian thing i wonder who made his tombstone.

Also being called pastor russell sounds much better then anointed one or governing body member.

I used to call the elders reverend they didnt think it was funny though.

Thinkin about it the attitudes of the leaders must have had an effect on the believers may when rutherford was president his drinkin habit became a role model for the followers maybe a lot of jws got pi@@ed.

But russels imagination when writing the studies in the scriptures really makes me laugh his style was so so cool.

• Farkel
    Farkel

jrizo,

: I think Russell was the most sincere and tried to do what was right even thougfh he was way off on some things.

I used to think the same thing until a few years ago, someone helped with me some research on him. Conclusion: Russell was a thoroughly-corrupt-self-worshiping mean-spirited, victictive jackass.

On Judge reamed his you-know-what for his unbelievably evil treatment of his wife during their separation.

There was nothing "sincere" at all about Russell.

Farkel

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

jjrizo,

My guess from what I have heard about him is that Farkle is correct. Perhaps some of this will come out in the book.

Joseph

• ScarabKing
    ScarabKing

Farkel is correct. Read the book "Visions of Glory" by Barbara Grizutti Harrison. A whole chapter is devoted to Maria Russell.

Also of interest to me was the fact that Russell was purportedly a member of a certain religious group that believed Jesus was coming to 'get' them on a certain day. If Russell had been out there that night, with the others, when Jesus did not come, I would have believed he was sincere. However, in "Visions of Glory' it is said that he claims he was asleep in bed and not out with his fellow worshipers. Which means he was a con man through and through even at that early date.

• Farkel
    Farkel

jjr,

I would be happy to do that, but the evidence I do have is in storage 300 miles away. The rest of the evidence I cannot divulge because I don't want to steal the thunder of the person who gathered it and plans to publish it.

If you are really interested, you can get some of it from the archives of the Brooklyn Eagle Newspaper. I can say this: Russell refused to pay court-ordered alimony for Maria and he was approximately $6,000 in arrears. He literally tried to starve her to death and make her homeless. When faced with his refusal in court and ordered to pay, the "friends" generously gave him the $6,000. That scumbag had the money, but he used his position to milk it from others to pay what he owed in the first place.

Farkel

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    I wonder if any still follow some sort of russellite faith.

Sure, there are a lot of them still out there. Check these:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/2274/links.htm#part1

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

Thanx for the info on russell farkel.

I didnt know any of this about russ!!!!

Im gonna look into this keep me posted farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit