DID YOU ALLOW BAD ASSOCIATIONS?

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• professor
    professor

I had to be careful of how I spoke of my interactions with kids at school. For instance, I would have the following conversation with Dad:

Professor: "Hey Dad, I was talking to a friend at school today......"

Dad: "A WHAT?"

Professor: "Oh I mean an AQUANTANCE! This guy Charlie said...."

Dad: "Does Charlie love Jehovah?"

Professor: "I dunno, I guess not...."

Dad: "Then he wouldn't make a very good friend, would he?"

Professor: "I guess you're right, Dad. I'm glad we had this talk."

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I am bad association, just ask my wife and friends. I get along well with myself.

Guest 77

• minimus
    minimus

I LOVE those stories of how kids would swear in the Kingdom Hall bathroom,take drugs, sleep around, hang out with anybody they wanted, and then put in 10 hrs. a month and answer at the meetings. When someone says,"how could you have been a Witness all this time while still having doubts or leading a double life",it's easy. Most kids learn this from infancy!

• gumby
    gumby

Were you affected by these rules on bad association? Were you considered bad association??

I think every person who was a loyal dub was affected!

Your veiw of other people was not normal....they would all soon be dead, and were on satans side.

Guilt would bother you if ran with wordly people.

I was a good association guy. I was an Organisation person through my whole dub life.

We were told by our C.O. Paul smith, to not let our 7 year old daughter play with the neiborhood kids anymore because the day would come when these little playmates of hers would become little worldly girls one day with no bible values. How would we stop her then?......was his reasoning.

And so we did. My daughter and we......got to suffer the humiliation of making reasons why she couldn't play with them anymore after being childhood friends for years. Yes.....it causes damage!

What a sick bunch of pathetic, brainwashed people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Matty
    Matty

I am still considered good association in my congregation! Little do they know!!

Anyway, I was always told to "be friendly but don't be friends". I complied. Now I know why of course, it's the cleverest of the clever tricks designed to keep you in! I know I've mentioned this before but I have worked for the same organisation for many years. A lot of my work colleagues have known me for a very long time. I have changed beyond all recognition in the last six months. These poor people just don't know what to make of me now I don't consider them as bad association, I now say "Yes" to them instead of "No, I can't do that because it's contrary to my religious beliefs"!

• minimus
    minimus

I hear ya, MATTY.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

You are right Min,,,,, most do learn from a young age how to lead a double life. I sure did, my mother was addicted to pain pills , would go to the meeting stoned out of her mind. Daddy was an elder, who had a big business, and I worked for him, lets just say I saw the paper work, and I did exactly what he told me to do at work, even if it was wrong.

I don't really like to hear stories of how kids do these things.I think it is darn sad a kid turns to these things to escape life as a JW. Not all kids turn to such things, but alot do, and really hate themselves for it, ate up with guilt. If the parents would just let them be normal a little, instead of total isolation from others and life in general.

When I got out of high school my dad, didnt want me to be a pioneer, he wanted me in that darn office for the rest of my life. I seriously thought about driving my new mustang off the brigde, than to spend my life the way it was. My home life was very sick and twisted, and I always thought if they would not have been JW, or if they would have been alittle more understanding , maybe I would not have rebelled so much.

As an adult , when young ones in the congregation would get in trouble , I felt sorry for them. I remember how lonely and confusing being a dub was. And the kids that got in the most trouble were the ones who came from very strict almost obsessive homes. What is really sad about JW kids, is one strike you are out, in other words, you are labled as possible bad association, even if you never get in trouble again. They are always watching you, and never let you forget anything that happened in the past. It is one sick organizaiton.

• dsgal
    dsgal

Even though I rarely missed meetings and regularly went out in service,I was never invited to any of their social events.My son and I had no friends there.We did not see the love that Jesus said would identify his true disciples,only a bunch of gossiping,back-stabbing cliques.So I guess I was considered bad association by them but now I have real friends,not phony robot-like hypocrites.

• professor
    professor

P.S. The next day I went and kicked Charlie's ass all over the playground for not loving Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit