My trip to the landfill

by hoser 12 Replies latest jw friends

• NanaR
    NanaR

This past weekend, hubby and I disposed of about six boxes of old jw books. We put a few each in the bottom of big black garbage bags. Nasty garbage went on top of them. We wouldn't want them to infect anybody else.

Just a side point, my husband still claims that he IS a JW even after about 20 years of no meetings or service. Yet it was his idea to trash the books....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, methinks he is waking up :-)

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

Yes nobody wants the old bound volumes in their houses. I have a whole row of them in a cabinet in the living room. 😬 My husband got them from a kind brother who didn't want them in his house! So I got them in mine and have to look at them every day. Ironically I don't think he has looked at any since the day he got them years ago. I though have spent many hours checking things on jwfacts and verifying them in those volumes.

I will have to wait till hubby dies before I get rid of them, but will hang on to 1968 watchtower for proof about 1975.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

We recycled all our bound volumes. Ripped the covers off first tho, to make it easier for the recycling company. A good thing about the new no hardcovers policy is it makes them super easy to just toss in the recycling :).

We have a few of the old nwt, tho, including the old green one. Also kept a new songbook and the old mustard colored songbook (wow, why that color, of all colors. And you had to look at it twice a week).

I wish I had a pink songbook, I always liked that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit