My trip to the landfill

by hoser 12 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser
    It was with great pleasure and with mrs hosers blessing that I took all of our bound volumes and other obsolete Jehovah's Witness books to the local landfill. I threw them into the garbage pile and watched as a crawler tractor drove over them to pack them down.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Nice one hoser, I'll bet that was cathartic!
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks

You do realize that Watchtower magazines can be recycled into everyday practical products rather than thrown into the landfill.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I know the feeling hoser , I was in charge of an Op shop that received about 12 WT videos , they promptly went in the garbage bin , so nobody else would be infected by them.

smiddy

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Have you ever tried to pass surplus bound volumes on to other JWs. Nobody ever wanted them in their house.
  • jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

ashes to ashes, dust to dust.....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I put all my old dublications into the recycling. They pulp them and turn tham into bedpans for hospitals. Either way they're full of kaka!
  • Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster
    I was spared that task by walking out of my mother's house and bidding that nightmarish existence goodbye, not taking a single piece of propaganda with me. If I did have any, I'd be tempted to put it in a pile, douse it with lighter fluid, strike a match and happily watch it burn. But then that's not nice to the environment, so the recycle bin is where it would go. I'd hate for anybody at the recycle plant to see any of that propaganda and take it home out of curiosity so I'd tear up anything I could with my bare hands first. I think that would feel very therapeutic.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I did burn all mine, they are a bugger to get really burning, must be all the Demunz in them !

I have retained just a few very damning items that may come in useful when waking a JW up in the future, but all the general Literatrash went up in smoke, not very environmentally friendly, but bloody satisfying, they stole 58 years of my life !

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster
    No worries, Phizzy. After 58 years, you can be forgiven a little environmental mischief if it gave you satisfaction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit