How Do You Unwind?

by Scully 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Lately, I've found listening to my "Simpsons" CDs while I'm driving home from work to be very helpful in de-stressing. They always make me laugh, and it's far less depressing than listening to the news on the radio while I'm driving.

I've also been known to have bubble baths by candle light with a good relaxing CD playing (I have one that's of thunderstorms which is one of my favorites). Glass of wine optional.

So, what are your relaxation habits??

Love, Scully

• TR
    TR

I go for hard core rides on my dirt bike.

I crank up the guitar, and hammer away for an hour or so.

TR

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I go to yoga class. I find going to one class a week helps me throughout the week. I also will try to use breathing techniques and meditation to calm me down.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

laughter relaxes me and gets me through some rough times. any form of it. a funny flick, jokes, stories, anything. i'm very bad for buggin naeblis to cheer me up when i'm down. and he never fails me .

just hanging with a good pal, having a beer and a good chat is really relaxing for me.

bubble baths.

walks.

walks in the rain.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I go to a gun range and shoot one of these.

• Swan
    Swan

I read or I play computer games. (My favorites are Rollercoaster Tycoon and The Sims). In the winter I like to bake. I also take my poodle for a walk when the weather is nice. Word puzzles are a fun release too.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

It all depends on what I am unwinding from. Sometimes, I head out to the yard and get busy. If I'm all stressed out, I'll put on a CD, usually Glenn Miller or Artie Shaw or soft rock, kick back in the recliner and just relax. Just as I'm nodding off, the phone will ring.

Lew W

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I go for a walk, visit fun-loving friends, go dancing, or drive myself to the beach when my kids are gone visiting their father.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Mmmm......

I used to take a bubble bath, listen to relaxing music (light pop or newage), give myself a facial and pedicure and indulge in a great mystery book or TV feature.

But now a kiss from my future husband on my forehead makes such a difference.

Oh, I shouldn't forget a cup of chamomile tea, too - either hot or cold.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: : How Do You Unwind?

I run over old ladies in a super-charged Humvee.

I'm just TEASING, for heaven's sake. It's not really super-charged.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit