Flag Salute Deception/9/15 Watchtower

by metatron 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Amazing said;

"I was always puzzled why the Society would let JWs stand for the Anthem, as long as the JWs did not place their hand over their heart ... then require that JWs sit for the flag salute ... later on they allowed standing for the falg salute, but no hand over the heart. They are truly modern day Pharisees. "

Hi Jim,

I could still feel residual "panic" feelings wash over me as I read your post! I "knew" somewhere in the back of my mind what "move" I was supposed to make, but damn, didn't I always have that flicker of doubt dance all over me when I was at an event with my nonJW hubby, but knew there might be JWs in attendance! I HATED that uncomfortable feeling of do I/don't I and felt SO frustrated!!!!

Consequently I became one of "those" who went for refreshments or to the "LADIES" when I anticipated the National Anthem would soon be played. (Here I thought I was SO clever!) Sometimes I was a bit premature in my guesswork, and spent a LOT of time waiting..........

SO GREAT TO BE FREE OF ALL THAT NOW!!!!!!!!

Hugs,

Annie

• blondie
    blondie
    Another example of double talk! A true Christian would not stand for the national anthem but it's up to your conscience.

I noticed that too, Minimus.

Actually, I thought this was a good addition to the Talmud the WTS has already.

Edited by - Blondie on 21 August 2002 8:21:39

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit