what now?

by musky 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• musky
    musky

I have not been to meetings in about 15 plus years. A born again christian debated with me for a long time. I finally decided the witnesses were wrong and stopped going. I don't understand that anytime i pray, it seems theres no response. I have prayed routinely, but sense nothing. I want God to show me where the true believers are, if not the witnesses. I get no response from praying. I think the answer is , I have little or no faith. I find that I debate with myself now. Never come to a definite answer. reading posts here has been encouraging. any others feel this way?

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Musky,

Have you ever thought that no response was actually God letting you know that there is no TRUE religion?

The Bible states that any three gathered in his name, there he will be. I myself believe God deals with us individually. Read 1st John 2:27 It says that we do not need that man teach us. The Holy Spirit is what teaches us.

Shari

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Bingo!

Me thinks that way too Lilacs...

All religion is false religion.

Read Proverbs 2.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I think Lilacs has given you the right answer. Religion is NOT the way to God....spirituality is....and they are NOT the same.

• musky
    musky

lilacs, I just read 1 John chapter 2. Thank you. I think i am beginning to understand my situation a little better now. I still feel I need more faith though. I also feel that he deals with us individually. I just figured he wanted us to be together as some sort of organized group, as we were being dealt with individually. Make any sense?

pomegranate, I read proverbs chapter 2 . It is encouraging. Thank you.

Does this mean I shouldn't feel bad when I don't go to any church/ kingdom hall ?

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

You know what Musky, All my life I used to think as you do. That there has to be a right religion. I too prayed to God to help me find the right one. I went to almost all the different denominations searching.

It took going through the JW experence to make me understand that God answered my prayer. I have met more God loving people who do not attent a certian denomination but just believe and have faith in God then I ever did in any religion. Religions try and speak for God, and when doing so, we seem to not hear what God is trying to tell us. We only hear what they tell us God is trying to say.

• SixofNine
  • musky
    musky

I'm glad youre logged onto this forum tonight lilacs! Thanks for taking the time to reply. Your words are encouraging. I still don't feel contented to not go anywhere though. Maybe that will change in time. I will try to focus more on the relationship, rather than what group i should belong to.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Musky, I was wondering if you had ever considered going to a UU group? A lot of ex-JWs have started attending UU and they liked it a lot. Most of the groups don't focus on any specific dogma, but are rather a group of individuals with varying spiritual paths who get together for fellowship and discussion.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Musky, I'm glad I could be of help.

You can still go to Church. Heck, I've even been a couple of times myself. Just keep in mind that you don't have to follow the leader (so to speak) when doing so. God will take care of the rest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit