Article on Blood Published

by RunningMan 10 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, I just got back from two weeks in Chicago and Denver and discovered, much to my surprize, that an article that I submitted last spring has been published.

It is on the subject of the Calgary blood drama. Since it took so long to publish, the editor has made some timing changes that are not quite correct. Anyway, I had forgotten about it until now: http://www.liberator.net/articles/AdamsKen/beliefs.html

• Simon
    Simon

Well done RunningMan - I'm sure Shunned Father will appreciate all the media attention that the case can get as it all helps him.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Running Man,

You did an excellent job; very well written and very timely. Thanks.

• ISP
    ISP

Nice one running man!

ISP

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Good article, Runningman.

I agree with jjrizo:

Over the years, Jehovahs Witnesses have fought legal battles to ensure their freedom of speech and freedom of religion. It is truly a shame (and in my mind, a crime) that a group that has done so much to protect freedom of religion has denied this freedom to their own members.

"that about sums it up"

j2bf

• Francois
    Francois

Does the phrase "straining out gnats, and gulping down camels" spring immediately to mind?

God, but would I love to get that needle-nosed ted jaracz on a stage somewhere to debate the blood issue, or the "cult" issue, or any other issue he'd like to debate. But it's not going to happen. Jaracz is a thoroough-going coward. And so is his god.

-francois

Edited by - francois on 19 August 2002 18:26:2

• Scully
    Scully

Way to go RunningMan!

Saving for future reference!

Love, Scully

• Swan
    Swan

Good article!

I also like this line.

You see, although the organization of Jehovahs Witnesses claims to allow freedom of conscience, this is not true. Individual members must conform to church doctrines, with no exceptions.

Although I think they do make acceptions on conscience issues if it is a member of the GB.

Thank's for posting this.

Tammy

• ugg
    ugg

"outstanding"

• jack2
    jack2

Interesting reading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit