Guess I said more than I should have about "the truth"

by paradisebeauty 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• ssn587
    ssn587
    Wouldn't have loaned her any money for the society, going to meetings and certainly for the district grand boasting baloney. No no money for any of that.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

This sister is "relying on Jehovah". You know, just like the GB is relying on Jehovah by begging for more money from the R & F.

It's becoming a religion that begs for money, yet condemns education and gainful employment that really earns money.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Billy, can't say that because I already loaned her the money.

But if she's gonna tell on me, when she'll come to bring me the money back I will tell her a a few words ... or maybe a "thank you for everything" will do ...

Anyway, she told me smth very strange. That they have been advised, when they read the bible the read not with the intention of getting information from it but when they read to only ask themselves "what do I learn about Jehovah"

I belive both are important. Learning about Yah and understanding the info.

But if they teach things like this I think they are starting to feel threatened even by the Bible. They are afraid of members asking themselves about the information the Bible really transmits

• millie210
    millie210

wow paradisebeauty. That is the opposite of what the Boreans were commended for isnt it?

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Anyway, she told me smth very strange. That they have been advised, when they read the bible the read not with the intention of getting information from it but when they read to only ask themselves "what do I learn about Jehovah"

How ridiculous is that? How can anyone tell anyone "how" to read anything?

This is what I am facing with the elder and his wife who have come to study the bible and only the bible. It's going to be interesting to see the reaction he has to my questions. He was ready to pull rank on me during our last visit. I felt quite sure he was about to tell me off, as he has so much sway in being an elder. He looked very annoyed at my obvious sense of equal footing, whilst his wife sat mute the whole hour or so.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty
    Umbertoecho, it is great you did not got baptized in this organisation. I'd like so much to be free to tell them everything I discovered ... but I have to bite my tongue ...
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

This is why I can't have much in the way of deep conversations about "The Truth" with my loyal JW Mom...

...I'll end up getting frustrated and run off at the mouth.

• zeb
    zeb

suggest using a non jw bible in the hall for readings and watch the reaction.

• pearlsister
    pearlsister

Paradisebeauty:

I hope you get your money back. I did lend money to a sister and It was like a some kind of yoke to get the money back. She would ignore me and make all kind of excuses...so I really hope you can get your money back.

Yes, when you are with JW, I feel like in a communist country, where you have to be really careful about what you say.. I am all the time. Kind of sad

I wish you the best !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit