Nevermind. I'm out of here.

by Mimilly 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Angharad
    Angharad

..also if you any problems that we can help with please dont hesitate to email me or Simon.

• butalbee
    butalbee

((((Mimilly))))

Please don't go!!!! You will be missed greatly. I haven't been around this site as often as I used to, and I missed quite a lot as I now can see--wow. If you need a friend to talk to or just somebody to vent on, please email me or IM me anytime....MSN is the same as my email address, AOL is butalbee.

I'm sorry, dear friend, that you're feeling this way, let me hug you (((((((((((again)))))))))))))).

Your friend,

Lara

• puzzled
    puzzled
    I logged onto this site this morning and found this bullshit waiting for me. As if I run to Simon like a crybaby.

mimilly

I didn't see the %%%% %%%% that was waiting for you so I don't have an opinion about it but I do give a %%%% and hope you decide to come back.

((((PLUM))))

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Don't leave Mimilly. We need all points of view here and yous seems to be valued by most of us.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Mimilly, ((((HUGS))))

You have my support. I care about you because you care about others, me included. Don't be gone too long. We have to stick together here.

Friend,

Karen

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

(((((((( Mim )))))))

Know you are in my thoughts. We can never know when something may spark a "trigger". For I know they are everywhere. Please take some time for yourself and know that we care.

Someone sent this to me today....

For all emotions, written words are a bad medium. The light jesting tone that saves a quip from offense cannot be expressed; and remarks that if spoken would amuse can but pique and even insult their subject. Without the interpretation of the voice gaiety becomes levity, raillery becomes accusation. Moreover the words of a passing moment are made to stand forever.~~Emily Post

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Mimilly please don't leave. I didn't see the post this morning. I didn't know what even happened to you,in the past and my heart goes out to you and hugs as well.For some reason t hings have been tense in here lately, don't really know what has caused it all, but not everyone is nasty, most of us care sincerely we do. As for some others that are oafs, consider the source. Some people will never change. Some will always be mean and cruel and most of you know who I mean. Please sweetie stay, but if you need a rest for a while okay that is fine, but don't leave permanently. We love ya.

Orangefatcat.

Edited by - orangefatcat on 19 August 2002 21:13:53

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Mim...

I 'second' everyone's 'don't leave and luv ya' posts. Just take a wee bit of a rest.....

• seawolf
    seawolf

wow....I had no idea all this was being said about what happened in regards to my post and the reaction to it. Since I started all of this with my post, I feel I should say something......

First off to Mimilly: I really am sorry for this and what happened. I hope you don't stay away..... I wasn't aware you were a victim of ritual abuse. I really am sorry. I never was a victim of sexual abuse so I the thought that this could "trigger" something never even remotely occurred to me.

second to Angharad: Thanks for moving the entire post. I tried doing it but I didn't have the magic touch.

When I went to post it I was thinking about putting it into the Adult section. But this really isn't an adult-type post. It's just a newspaper article from a Mexican newspaper and not really any different than I see in our local paper sometimes. This post and article wasn't some profanity-laced/sexual images/etc post and/or link. So with that in mind, and keeping in mind the threads that were in the "Friends' section lately, many of which I thought were inappropriate for there, I figured I'd just put it in there since, IMHO, this wasn't near as bad as those were. I do see now that the adult forum is where this should have originally been.

I do think that we should be sensitive to other people's problems, especially since there are so many that are coming to this forum that have suffered various forms of abuse. Maybe we need some hard-and-fast rules of what goes where? Like nothing of a sexual nature in "Friends" at all? or...??? Just trying to, although maybe not in the best way, to say that with what has happened here, hopefully some good can come from it and it will improve the forums for all the current, and future, members of the board.

sea

Edited by - seawolf on 20 August 2002 1:38:24

• ISP
    ISP

See ya round, Mimily...the board will quieten down..

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit