My grand daughter's poem, "A Penguin's Dre...

by larc 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Only 10...Gads you must be proud. When I was ten I still had my dad reading me the funny papers.

Nice poem.

• larc
    larc

Teejay, yes it is very true. You love your grand children as much as your children. I suppose I could explain why that is true, but that would take a lot of time and detail, so I will just say, I have experienced this, and yes, it is true.

Edited by - larc on 19 August 2002 1:26:41

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Personally, I find the grandkids even better than my own kids. One reason, I have already been through raising kids and now, have an idea of what to expect. My daughters really don't. I'm enjoying being a grandpa even more than I did being a Dad.

Lew W

• teejay
    teejay

Okay Larc,

so now I have a tough one: Do you love your grandkids MORE? If your answer is yes, I wouldn't mind knowing why you think that is. I have a theory.

• larc
    larc

Dakota, I agree grand kids are a lot easier to raise. Plus, it is a part time job. I know what to expect, and I don't have to deal with them 24-7. Teejay, I don't love her more, just the same. Being older, and having a better understanding of the life span, I do have a greater appreciation for the miracle of a new life, something I took for granted when I was younger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit