How do you feel about your JW friends?

by sleepy 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sleepy
    sleepy

How do you feel about your friends you left behind and in the organisation and who now shun you?

Do you feel they are still your friends, and are just doing what they think is right?

Would you ,if shunning was dropped and they now wanted to have contact again accept them back as friends?

Edited by - sleepy on 18 August 2002 10:14:43

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

They are mind-numb robots. Shame on them.

They would need to seek me out

Edited by - Dismembered on 18 August 2002 9:27:27

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

It has been a LONG time since I was df'd........but I still think of the handful of close friends that I had. I got in touch with two of them this past year, and yes, we resumed somewhat of a friendship. My situation was that I moved away. So I didn't actively witness them shunning me, I just sorta fell out of the picture. I think it would he hard for me to resume a friendship with someone who shunned me to my face.

I have to admit, the two that I got in contact with are both ex-dubs now.......and you can guess what we talked a lot about!

• LB
    LB

I miss them. We are just inactive but they've semi-shunned me since I walked out of the hall during a meeting. If I approach them they'll speak to me, but they do their best to avoid me and forget about a phone call, that just wouldn't happen.

But I enjoy the friends I have now.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Tough call. I have a very good friend who will be a JW for life. I don't think he really believes any of the crap he just goes out of tradition. My other two friends, it's hard to say with them as well. One is an elder now and always had a power complex and wanted to show his dad up. The other is just a DF machine. He was getting DF'd every year. I feel sorry for anyone who is a JW but am more confused as to why they continue to stick with it.

• outnfree
    outnfree

I miss Dee SO MUCH!!!! <snivel, sniff, sniff, tears>

I know she is doing what she thinks is right, but were she to contact me, I'd let her back into my life in a New York minute!

Fortunately for me, our DF'd friend Jan, whom I had shunned, welcomed ME back into her life when I showed up on her doorstep. Very humbling. I would be pleased to follow her loving example.

out

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

It's been years, but I have to admit I miss those good times I had with my JW friends and family. When I was a dub, I shunned with the best of them so I understand since I've been on both sides of the fence.

I don't try to make contact with them. But if they made contact with me, I would welcome them back into my life.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Old friend have left the JWs and contacted my wife and I. Those are wonderful days,

Phone rings.

"Hello."

"Hello Ashi, this is Sarah."

"Hey, how are you?"

"Well, I just got DF'd."

"Woo-hoo!"

Normally, that isn't the response they thought they were going to get, and the old friendships are rekindled with a different aspect to them. So yes, if my old friends, even if they had hurt us, left the JWs and the JW mindset behind, you had better believe that I would be there for them.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Calling my jw friends friends is kind of a misnomer, IMO. Having said that, maybe i would be friends w a couple of them if things changed like you said. If the other socalled friends came around, i would give them a piece of my mind. They would have to take it from there.

SS

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

How do I feel? I can't stand them. Period. I could care less if I ever see or speak to them again. Their loss...my gain. If they ever left the Borg and contacted me, they would have a lot of explaining to do before I ever even let them in my house. Shame on them! And they wonder why we speak out against them. FOOLS! For the WTS to misuse scripture and wield it like a tool in order to maintain control and keep their precious organization in tact is absolutely shameful.

I understand JW's are required to do this but some take JOY in it because they are proud they are serving Jehovah. This is hateful....not loving. To shun someone and not quite feel right about it is understandable. Shunning should go against every grain in your body if you have any love at all inside of you. This, in and of itself, should cause a JW to question this practice and woe to them if they don't speak out.

As you can see, I have not forgiven them and never will forgive them unless they apologize to me and to all of us that they have willingly shunned (especially the ones who take pride in it). Even then, I'm afraid I would still have to think about it and definitely not until I gave them a piece of my mind. They're idiots. Their wrong is just too much too great to just overlook.

I have to work on this anger I feel toward them everyday, as I'm sure most of you have to also. God is probably getting pretty tired of hearing from me on this. But a part of me just doesn't and can't forget.

Trot (of the Shame on U class)

Edited by - Trotafox on 18 August 2002 13:58:57

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit