Comments Not Said at the WTS 8/18/02

by blondie 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

GRITS and others,

BTW, Noah's wife is not named in the Bible, nor are the wives of Noah's sons. Women don't need names because the Bible has patriarchal lines of descent not matriarchal.

In fact, except for Eve, can anyone think of any woman named in the Bible after her until the Flood? (none) After the Flood? (Sarai)

But that is another topic (Women in the Bible)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

> In fact, except for Eve, can anyone think of any woman named in the Bible after her until the Flood? (none)

You forgot Adah and Zillah!! The legendary wives of Lamech. (Gn 4:19)

They even trump Eve. We read "the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah," and then "Adah bare Jabal" and then "Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain," and then Lamech even sings to them: "Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech." Eve meanwhile, is just Adam's anonymous wife: "Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son." (Gn 4:25) But Seth's wife fares even worse. We just know that to Seth "also there was born a son," his wife is not even mentioned! The same can be said about his descendents where men were begetting all over the place. (hmm, clones?) So the women in Cain's lineage were pretty darn famous but the Seth family was sooooo sexist not to even mention their wives. So downright.....patriarchal!! lol

Leolaia

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Leolaia. Outstanding!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

.....and yet one more subtle "change" slipped in. Now "people" is being substituted for "organization". This makes everything so nice and cozy and comfortable.

I think I'm going to be sick.............

Sentinel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit