RULES ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN

by minimus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know of a congregation that had a special rule. Any brother that gave a talk had to wear a white shirt. If a visiting speaker came to give his public talk from out of town and he didn't know about the congregational rule, he had a choice of either not giving the talk or he could change his shirt to one that was provided by that congregation....yes, they kept a variety of sizes on hand in case of emergency.

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember that some pointed out to the organization that their stand on neutrality was not scriptural. It wasn't, but they were running ahead of the organization which refused to change. So these ones left. Later the organization changed and said these ones should have been patient until it was Jehovah's time to make the adjustment. Can you imagine arguing for the new generation understanding before its time?

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I know of a congregation that had a special rule. Any brother that gave a talk had to wear a white shirt.

Been there, done that.

The Bible has entire chapters devoted to requiring Christians to wear "White Shirts" while promoting Watchtower Bullshit. For some strange reason, if one promotes Watchtower Bullshit in colored shirts, Watchtower Bullshit isn't quite the same bullshit as it is if it is promoted in White Shirts. You must believe this. I'm sure Jesus or Paul said this. Somewhere.

I don't really understand why, but I'm sure this is all "Bible-Based(tm)."

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, Here we go again! The organization is NEVER wrong, even when they are. Wait on Jehovah. He tells us what we know. When there's a change in understanding-----YOU messed it up, maybe even Jehovah too. But not the organization!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey minimus,I am a member in good standing.I am niether DF or DA..I just haven`t shown up in over 2 decades..LOL...OUTLAW

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

OutLaw, It just accurd to me, SO AM I!

I moved into a security building several years ago and changed my PH# several times.

No one can get in here without being buzzed in at the front of the building.

SO, no one has called on me.

I use to get paranoid thinking anyminute I would run into someone at the store standing in line or something, but ...KNOCK ON WOOD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit