RULES ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN

by minimus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When you are a Jehovah's Witness you HAVE to follow the rules! And there is a rule for EVERYTHING. Even if there is no written rule on something, you know about the unwritten rule that must be followed. If you give a Public Talk, you must wear a suit. If you have a black suit jacket with gray suit pants on, you break the rule. If you buy a car and you are a pioneer , the unwritten rule is :no 2 door vehicles.If you break the unwritten rule you are not a good example..........What RULES have you broken? Any that you would LIKE to break???

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

To break the unwritten rule of not heckeling all the BS that comes off the platfrom and watch the hectic flush come over the speakers face. That would be enjoyable

Dismembered but not Dismembered

Edited by - Dismembered on 18 August 2002 8:11:1

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

'Why is it you overstep the commandment of God because of your tradition?' Matt 15:3-9. '...they teach commands of men as doctrines.'

Someone has to be in control, so the GB has taken on that assignment, obey 'our' rules or else.

Guest 77

• minimus
    minimus

Why does someone HAVE to be in CONTROL???

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Control is a normal function for someone who exercises their will and is free - freedom is very desirable for humans - like life even. However, it is often the case that people are unable to control themselves, and so proceed to achieve their freedom by controlling others.

thepaduan

• minimus
    minimus

A PAD...that's interesting....

• onacruse
    onacruse

"Custom, then, is the great guide of human life."
    David Hume

Customs and laws change, but our very existence requires both, in balanced measures.

"Without the aid of prejudice and custom, I should not be able to find my way across the room."
    William Hazlitt

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The written rule:speak about truth....The unwritten rule :be careful about speaking truthfully,it could get you the boot...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

Did you speak the truth and because you broke the rules, get the boot?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Min: YES. Bootprints are still visible on my posterior, and most especially on my heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit