Sir David Eady to give judgement on the Watctower Appeal in the Otuo v Morley and Watch Tower case at the High Court tommorrow

by Adwoa Kromo 26 Replies latest forum announcements

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger
    Usual WT wriggling then.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

Thank you for the update.

George

• Adwoa Kromo
    Adwoa Kromo
    Guys just take note that Mr Otuo has two distinct claims, one against Watch Tower alone which was wrongly struck out as being time barred by one day. This claim will test whether the words "Frank Otuo is no longer a witness" are defamatory. If he succeeds, the announcement for disfellowshipping might be dropped and perhaps never again announce before a congregation, the disfellowshipping of a brother but will have to be done in a grapevine style i.e. word of mouth. The second claim is between him and the coordinator who appeared to have instigated in DF and Watch Tower. That is the one subject to the recent judgement. The first case awaits reinstatement by the Court of Appeal after a second Judge found that it was not time barred at all but procedurally it will require the Court of Appeal to reinstate the claim. Fascinating time in the UK
  • Splash
    Splash

If the coordinator is found to be guilty, he no longer fulfills the elder requirements to be free from accusation and to have a fine testimony from outsiders.

If he makes a second serious mistake in his eldership he would be especially culpable.
    Imagine having a convicted slanderer in your BoE!!

• Ohiamfree
    Ohiamfree
    Any news?
  • St George of England
    St George of England

If the coordinator is found to be guilty, he no longer fulfills the elder requirements to be free from accusation and to have a fine testimony from outsiders.

If I remember correctly, Jonathon Morley in Wimbledon Congregation was also involved in the Michael Porter abuse case about 5 years ago.

George

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Any further updates on this case?

I would love for him to win this :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit