Sir David Eady to give judgement on the Watctower Appeal in the Otuo v Morley and Watch Tower case at the High Court tommorrow

by Adwoa Kromo 26 Replies latest forum announcements

• Adwoa Kromo
    Adwoa Kromo
    Sir David Eady Sitting as High Court judge will hand down judgement tomorrow at 11:00am in the appeal of the decision from Master Leslie for refusing to strike out the claim as an abuse of process. In his judgement in November 2014 he stated in his judgement delivered ex-tempore " I am bound to say that this case causes me a good deal of trouble". From notes that I have from the hearing last week, I will be utterly surprised if the retired judge Sir David Eady takes a different view. Asked whether Watch Tower intends to put in a plea of justification for the allegation of the words complained of, namely fraud, Mr Daniel representing the defendants said they did not intend to justify those words. That is another way saying that they don't believe Mr Otuo committed fraud but they said it anyway. One other shocking revelation in court last week was that, it was originally alleged by Morley that they ( the elders) had received a letter from a third party accusing Mr Otuo of fraud, when Mr Otuo asked to be given a copy of the letter he declined and he has not seen the text of the allegation to date. The judge asked Mr Daniel the whereabouts of the letter in court and to the shock of the gallery, he said it had been destroyed. The judge pressed further and asked whether the third party indeed accused Mr Otuo of fraud, he said "NO" . In my opinion that was a watershed moment. They are bound to fail tomorrow. If I were the Defendants, I would be looking at settling this claim to spare the embarrassment of a trial. Mr Otuo has them lock, stock and barrel. I will be back with judgement soon. Turn up if you can at the Queens Bench possibly in Court 13 or ask at the reception.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

What case is this?

Sorry, I am out of the loop a bit.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I think this refers to the case of the Frank Outo who was trying to sue the WTBTS in Britain after being DFed over allegations of fraud.

There is quite a bit here on JWN about this already:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/143860003/anybody-know-what-happened-this-lawsuit-frank-otuo-suing-wt-britain-elder-defamation?page=1

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    When I first saw this I initially thought he didn't stand a chance. But not been able to produce that letter, or been able to substantiate the claim is/was very very foolish. My God if he wins this case this could very well turn JC/shunning upside down. This would fit in very nicely with the child sex abuse case they lost a few days back. Good on yah watchtower!!! I like the spiritual direction.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

OMG Wt could be taken to the cleaners for a (dumb ass) stunt like that. I'm kind of asking myself "what in God's name were you thinking"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It would be wonderful if they started to be held accountable ($$$) for their actions. They have for too long felt that they were unaccountable to anyone, especially the Law of Caesar.

Looks like their God has abandoned them.

Doc

• St George of England
    St George of England

Sheduled for 11:00 am today. Any news??

George

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    Thank you again for keeping us up to date. Please update this thread when you have time.
  • Adwoa Kromo
    Adwoa Kromo
    Watch Tower case was dismissed with cost. I will bring excerpts from judgement later today.
  • Splash
    Splash

Some recent information on the case here, with details of what has been presented to the courts, and the reasons for the dismissal.

The judge seems to be able to see through the fog of a BOE JC, and does not look impressed with the way things were handled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit