New video: Warning Examples for Our Day

by comment 12 Replies latest social current

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Woo woo! So do they have a married couple playing Phineas & Cozbi like they do in the dramas?

• jgnat
    jgnat

bttt

This video was the topic of conversation at the KH last night, and I had the dubious privilege to watch it with my honey beforehand. I felt personally threatened by its message. It is a bigoted view of anybody that is not a Jehovah's Witness, with a chilling threat at the end. For the rest of the organization to be saved, these "unbelieving ones" must be rooted out! The final study question took the cake. "As head of your household, can you think of the benefits of watching this video again and again with your family? (paraphrased)" At that point, I could hold back no longer. "Sure, if you want your children haunted by nightmares!" A better, question, I think would be "Can you see the benefit of showing this video again and again to the householder?" This unfiltered view of the Witness attitude will keep them away in droves.

The messages I found most repugnant,

1. Elder Phineas is a kindly and trustworthy human. When you hear your brothers speak unkindly of Jehovah, run and fink on them to Elder Phineas right away.
    2. Don't confront your brothers yourself with their unbelieving behaviour, wait and see how Jehovah directs the matter. Or until Elder Phineas takes matters in to his own hands with the spear.
    3. Be careful to do all that Jehovah has instructed, or He will reject us.
    4. Do not show any bad attitude towards the theocratic arrangements. (Neat switch. Disrespecting the organization is on the same level as disrespecting Jehovah)
    5. Curiosity can lead to ruin (Or intelligence).
    6. Subtle forms of Idolatry. (It seems to me the Moabites and Midianites did not make a subtle play in this story. It is pretty obvious idolatry to be bowing down to Baal. By introducing Subtle Idolatry to their theology, the WTS can reject all kinds of ordinary behaviour, like Thanksgiving Dinner and Birthdays. After all, I might be subtly chanting a pagan blessing over the turkey, or subtly chopping off the head of a kid at the party.)
    7. The good little boy should not let his own selfish desires distract him. (So it is selfish to have natural desires. Better suck it in, little boy. It will be years before you are able to obtain your reward with sister stuck up.)
    8. Show contentment at all times. (Where does the society get off telling people what they should feel?)

By the way, Moses' own wife was a Moabitess. Was she approved by Jehovah? How about Moses father-in-law, the "unbeliever" who advised Moses the theocratic arrangement of elders?

Edited by - jgnat on 1 November 2002 12:4:12

• Faraon
    Faraon
    By the way, Moses' own wife was a Moabitess. Was she approved by Jehovah? How about Moses father-in-law, the "unbeliever" who advised Moses the theocratic arrangement of elders?

It goes to show that tha "theocratic arrangement" has pagan origins, same as birthdays, Christmas, etc.

Why couldn't J think of it, and let a pagan start the organization?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit