Bright side of a BAD day

by Erica 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ugg
    ugg

erica......wow!!! that was awful for you...glad it turned out ok....(((((((((( hugs )))))))))))

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

nice story erica...glad it worked out for you.

Yes, there are a few nice people put there...just few and far between.

ash

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Erica,

I'm so sorry you had such a horrible time. But it sounds like you are a person who always looks for the good in everything, and so, in turn, the "good" found you and helped you out.

When I was a JDub, all I ever heard from the borg was how awful the world was, and how you couldn't trust anyone in the world.

Like you, I too have found that so-called "worldly" people have shown me more genuiene, unconditional love and concern through the years, than the JDubs in the organization ever did.

Karen

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

((((Erica))))

I certainly hope today goes much better for you. I hate days like you had yesterday. Sometimes, it just feels like Monday lasts all week

I'm glad that the goodness of people actually came out and you got help when needed. Contary to what the JWs teach, there is a lot of good in most people and they will come to someones aid as needed.

Lew W

• Erica
    Erica

I guess was my point of telling what happened, that "we" were always taught that JW's are the ones who would act like these sweet people did and it made me smile, (when it was all over and I was safe in my own home ), that there are some awesome people out there that are just kind because there heart and soul desire it to be that way.... NOT BECAUSE THERE JW'S, but rather because they are human.

• seawolf
    seawolf

Sorry I missed this thread....so many here I can't keep track!

There are some really great people out there, and it doesn't matter what religion you belong to.

I think that about sums it up. Growing up, I got so sick and tired of the "JW = good, non-JW = bad" crap. To me that was a pretty simplistic way of looking at things, and--I felt--totally wrong. I tried to make myself believe the JW way, but it never worked.

P.S. Glad you're ok

sea

• Simon
    Simon

Erica !

Glad you finally got home safe and met nice people who helped out. Hope the bruises and stuff heal quickly.

You are a tough young lady !

• Erica
    Erica

Thanks Simon, I am soar and scraped up but it's all good I was just really scared cause it was dark and I had Michael, I found out today that the truck has a really bad gas leak so I was very fortunate that it just ran out of gas instead of...... well you know, I don't even want to think about it, scary stuff !

• teejay
    teejay

Erica,

Boy! Talk about a bad day!!! It had a silver lining, though.

Since losing the watchtower blinders and what I was told growing up in the Org, I now know that most people we ever run across are decent, honest, caring people.

Only JWs are caring? That's a lie. Non-Jws are out to get you? Another lie. I was taught a lotta lies growing up... all in the name of the truth(tm).

I'm glad things turned out well for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit