Hello, and what is this place anyway?

by Seeker 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker
    Seeker

Greetings all.

I decided to follow the recommendations and check this place out. I'm curious, who runs this joint, and what are their rules of conduct. I see Fred Hall posts here, so clearly apostates are welcome.

Anyway, just saying: Hey, y'all.

Seeker (got my old handle back here)

• somebody
    somebody

Hi seeker,

nice that you're here.

peace,
    somebody ( Chag/chagger on H20 )

Edited by - somebody on 18 March 2001 14:39:38

• Farkel
    Farkel

Welcome Seeker,

I've posted here a few times and they haven't banned me yet, so this place ain't all that bad!

Farkel

• COMF
    COMF

Hiya, Seeker. This place appears to be a kind of H2O afterlife... where old posters go when they die off. :)

Welcome.

COMF

• Seeker
    Seeker

So this is H20 Heaven? That would explain the angelic picture (hi, Chag!). :-)

OK, I'll check this place out and see what's what. It's certainly faster, that's for sure.

• wasasister
    wasasister

I'm not sure I care who runs this place. It has the feel of the "old" place much more than the "new" H2O, if you get my meaning.

Good to see your moniker without any numbers or qualifiers!

• Simon
    Simon

I think everyone runs it by taking part and being generally civil to each other. We haven't needed any moderators as such although we have had to deal with the odd trouble maker.
    From a service point of view though I guess I'm the one shovelling coal in to keep the boiler going
    The main rules are no personal attacks or spam!

• Seeker
    Seeker

Hello Simon!

Thank you for shovelling the coal. I think you'll find that although I'm willing to take on anyone, I try to do so without resorting to insults (doesn't always work). However, this place doesn't seem to have the combative feel of H2O, so I guess I'll slip back into my preferred mode: answering questions about the sociology of JW life.

• waiting
    waiting

Hello all,

Simon would be the Official Run The Place Man - I am the Official Old Woman. Think what you will - it could be just the amount of posts that I've logged in - a decent amount saying not much.

Simon a long time ago referred to this place as civil (we were fighting at the time) and capable of being adult enough to moderate ourselves. He's English, which explains the odd use of "civil" when referring to Americans. At least where I come from (south usa) being civil is just shy of coldly stabbing each other. Or your wretched mother-in-law, which would be just shy of gleelfully stabbing her. Generally speaking and joking, of course.

Welcome and enjoy.

waiting

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Okay, so you've met the official coal shoveler, and the official old woman (and, believe me, Waiting is REALLY old (hehehehe)). So, now you get to meet the official board goddess (gifts, offerings and sacrifices always appreciated).

We don't tend to get into any particularly heated debates....we have been called "fluffy", which isn't really that bad. It's been a very homey place where we can talk, discuss, and commisserate with each other.

Enjoy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit