Computer Graphics Question - Flash MX

by Jesus Christ 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. Yeah yeah, I'm perfect and should know everything but I just haven't been paying much attention with Macromedia Flash MX.

I've imported two images (.jpg's) to the stage and am wanting to do a nice fade between the two. I can do a kind of sloppy one if I change the brightness or tint to match the background and then tween to it. Only problem is as one is going out and the other is coming in the outline of one picture is always over the other one and I'm wanting both images to show equally in the area where they over lap. I guess my big question is how can I change the opacity of various layers to make the various layers fade in and out.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

• SYN
    SYN

You want to do an alpha blend, with the first image going from 1.0 to 0.0, and the second image going from 0.0 to 1.0. Or something.

• COMF
    COMF

I hear the Flash newsgroups know a lot about Jehovah's Witnesses, too.

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Yes, Comf but I already post here and don't to various Macromedia groups. Besides, from what I remember I'm pretty sure I've seen quite a few other computer related questions here in the past.

• COMF
    COMF

Man walking home after dark comes upon another man beneath a street light, down on his knees looking around in the grass by the street. "Lose something?" he asks.

"Yes, I dropped my pocket watch," says the second man. So the first gets down to help him look.

After about five minutes of fruitless searching, he says, "It doesn't appear to be here anywhere, we've covered the place pretty thoroughly. Are you sure you dropped it here?"

"No," says the second man, "I dropped it back there, halfway down the street."

"For crying out loud," says the first man, "why are you looking here, then?"

"Because this is where the light is."

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Yes yes, very well, I'm looking where the light is better. I've come out and said I'm just too lazy to start posting somewhere else, much like numerous other people who have posted computer questions here. I don't recall others doing and getting blasted for it so I didn't think it would be too out of place. So instead of making a joke of someone asking for help how about actually helping me? Is it too much to ask that someone be kind enough to share some help?

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Thanks Syn!!! I just tried the alpha fade and it was exactly what I was looking for. You're the best man!

• bigboi
    bigboi

What gives?

All the man gets is a thank u?

For Chrissakes man, you're Jesus Christ! Grant the man everlasting life or 3 wishes or something more than just a thanks. Sheesh!

ONE....

bigboi

Edited by - bigboi on 17 August 2002 23:35:26

• COMF
    COMF

The light just keeps on getting brighter...

• COMF
    COMF

Hay-Seuss, let me elaborate a bit.

First, let's dispense with the potential misconception: it doesn't bother me that you posted about this. If I'd been able to answer your question, I would have. Your post didn't disrupt my day in any way.

Now about what you said:

numerous other people who have posted computer questions here

True, but with a difference. People who post computer questions here are virtually always novices asking about things like how to display an image in a post, or if anyone knows why their computer hangs when they try to view so-and-so. They're experiencing problems with either basic computer use, where anyone with more than a couple of years experience should be able to help them; or else they're experiencing problems with something directly related to this forum, such as the image thing, or font sizing, or so forth. There's a big difference between this and asking about doing a fade between two images in Flash.

My two posts were in response to the illogic of posting such a technical question here in a forum where the topic of discussion is Jehovah's Witnesses. It is as ludicrous as posting a question about Jehovah's Witnesses in a Flash forum.

So instead of making a joke of someone asking for help how about actually helping me?

Contrary to the situation with posting images and constructing basic HTML, I am not a Flash programmer. However, I DID help you. I suggested you go to a Flash forum to ask. You're self-admittedly too lazy to do that; but don't say I'm not helping you if I suggest an ambulance for a broken bone when you want me to set it myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit