H20 vs JWD

by Amazing 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Although many could not SEE this, the site had the same "qualities" as the Organization: "elders/moderators" who trusted in their OWN understanding as to what was "right" and/or "righteous"; yet, such ones while sitting "in judgment," were/are imperfect themselves.

Oh, we noticed it all right. That's why we called some of them "Nazirators." The biggest problem was that Rick was inconsistent and made command decisions based upon his various and widely swinging moods.

Farkel

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Farkel,

The biggest problem was that Rick was inconsistent and made command decisions based upon his various and widely swinging moods.

True, but he was called on the carpet for his "inconsistencies" only when they collided with what you and other H2O "greats" posted. When Rick posted "inconsistent" reasoning to little people on H2O you and others ignored it. You fed his so called "inconsistency" as long as it suited you and when it no longer suited you, you bucked it. :)

IW

• AGuest
    AGuest

Thank you, Simon, for your editing. I tried to do it about six times, but to no avail. I tried it with html on... and off. Anyway, thank you... and keep up your 'good' work.

Your servant, and a slave of Christ,

Shelby

• teejay
    teejay
    ... this board tends to be more balanced than H20, it gives heed to both the stereotypical "male" voice as well as the stereotypical "female" voice. JWD is more aligned to the real world than H20 ever was!! -- IslandWoman

IW,

Interesting observation.

Since I was never a regular poster there I can't say if it's true or not, but you aren't the first to suggest that the Big Boys intimidated people on h2o.

JWD does indeed hold a place for all voices. While still respected for their sterling contributions, the Big Boys no longer run roughshod over the rest of us. And that's a good thing.

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

They way I recall the time of the exodus of people from H2O to JWD is this. (===)(===) It was not possible to have a enjoyable discussion on matters involving God and the Bible because of the greatly varying bodies of believers and unbelievers. There was peaceful coexistence when speaking on JWs issues not involving God (===) Typical conversations were like this. The believer would say he is discussing ways to salvation. The unbeliever would say salvation from what? There is no God. He exists no more than the Easter bunny. (===) The ensuing discussions which happen on almost every occasion where God or the Bible is discussed degrades into insults, etc. It became obvious that no ones thinkng could be changed because belief and unbelief is a personal choice made by the individual for his own emotional needs. (===) The unbelievers were anxious at finding a place they could more freely express themselves. They found such a place here at JWD. It was a blessing in disguise now to have specialized sites for unbelievers and unbelievers. I myself for conversation common to all ex-JWs go to JWD as it is more active. But for discussions of God and the Bible that is not intended to be a debate about Gods existence I go to H2O.... I find it a blessing to have both. (===)(===) Zechariah (===)(===)

• SatanSpawn
    SatanSpawn
    When AGuest aka Shelby... aka me... was "publicly reproved" by the H20 'leaders' and had my "privileges revoked"...for 30 days... for the second time... for speaking the truth (okay, not all accepted that, but it was the truth),

Eh-hehehe! Deah ya go, AGuest honey! Keep tellin' dem lies. Ol' Scratch jes laffin and laffin, waitin' to colleck on yo contract.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit