WT Says Jehovah a mistake

by garybuss 59 Replies latest jw friends

• You Know
    You Know

Jude wrote concerning the judgment upon modern-day apostates, saying: "Look! Jehovah came with his holy myriads, to execute judgment against all, and to convict all the ungodly concerning all the ungodly deeds that they did in an ungodly way, and concerning all the shocking things that ungodly sinners spoke against him." Naturally, ungodly apostate Dubs would blaspheme Jehovah as being cruel and injust for executing his judgments against them, similar to the way that convicted serial killers and murderers shake their tiny little fists against the legal system that would punish them. That's to be expected. Yet, we, Jehovah's Witnesses, judge Jehovah to be more than fair in bring his judgments against a world, and apostates in particular, that would drink His water and breath his air all the while cursing the One that graciously gave them the breath they use to curse Him. / You Know

Edited by - You Know on 17 August 2002 18:32:24

• Satanus
    Satanus

you will say anything to pervert the truth---even if it means dredging up 50-year old Watchtower quotes.

I guess i'm really low to quote truths the wt claimed it got from jehovah. Fred franz said jehovah was the wt's editor. You are calling the 1953 wt a perversion. That's interesting. Those old mags and books are the foundations of your wt world. It seems the wt has built it's house, and then kicked out it's foundations. It hopes no one will look and see that nothing is there. People that do are labelled apostates. Whatever. Youknow what jesus said happens to houses without foundations.

SS

• garybuss
    garybuss

Quotes, I have the scans of the Byington bible quote and the quote of John 1-1 where it says "the Word was God"

I can e-mail them. They are print size about 3 x 6 and are 70 to 100 k each. There are 4 total.

gb

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Naturally, ungodly apostate Dubs would blaspheme Jehovah as being cruel and injust for executing his judgments against them,

No. Most apostates I know don't believe in that sort of God. You can't think a being is cruel if you don't believe in that being.

: similar to the way that convicted serial killers and murderers shake their tiny little fists against the legal system that would punish them.

You have your simile wrong, YK. Apostates aren't the killers. It's the Watchtower leaders that are. They callously let hundreds die each year from a blood policy they know is wrong, but are too selfish and concerned with preserving their own image and wealth to change it. Their child abuse policy is in many ways, worse than murder. How about vaccinations, scorning mental health professionals, alternative military service, organ transplants and promoting quack medical treatments in the past?

If God is guiding them to do all that, no reasonable person would bow down and worship such a God. If God isn't guiding them to do all that, then you picked the wrong side to defend.

If you really believe all the drivel you post, you've got problems. If you don't, I'm sorry for wasting our time with my comments.

Farkel

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

methinks that if YouKnow does not write for the WT, he should. He never answers a question honestly(wonder why?) and specializes in insulting his "listeners". I have had a lifetime of reading such drivel, it is familiar.
    So, Youknow, is this your point: since there is some confusion on regarding the pronunciation, we will assume (with no basis) that it is pronounced using similar practices as other proper names.
    And since God inspires us, either accept this idea or be called apostate.
    At least till we change our minds.
    Is that about it?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gary

Due to encouragement from youknow, i decided to check the name transliteration processes used in the bible, affecting gods claimed name. One would think that god could have stuck to one language in his book, instead of muddying his sacred truths through the use of three. Anyway, the following is from the site http://www.judaismvschristianity.com/how_the_name.htm

Basically, it says that hebrew names could have been translated into greek, for the nt, in two ways:

1. their meanings.

2. their sounds.

Translating by sounds is transliteration. Christians transliterated all hebrew aramaic names into greek. By the 4th century, latin predominated as the language for christians, and so all bible names were again translitereated, this time into latin. In all four of these languages, the j sound did not exist. Here is the story of the creation of the letter j.

Meanwhile, the English language was still evolving. Before the 12th century, the letter ( J ) did not exist in the Old English language. The sound the letter ( J ) makes has never existed in the Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, or Latin languages. This fact is why no one in Yeshua's day could have accurately pronounced the English name Jesus even if they tried to. Sometime during the early 12th century ( J ) began showing up in some obscure dialects of the Middle English language. Over the course of the next 500 years, infatuation with the new sound caused many of the letters ( I ) and (Y) in the English language to be replaced with ( J ). This was especially true of male names that began with ( I ) or (Y) because the hard sound was considered more masculine. Names like Iames became "James", Yohan became "John",and so on. During this period, in 1384 John Wycliffe translated the New Testament into English for the first time. His only source was the Latin Vulgate. Wycliffe continued to use the Latin spelling and pronunciation of Iesus. The printing press had not yet been invented and only a few hand-written copies of Wycliffe's Bible were produced. In the 1450's Gutenburg invented the printing press, and in 1526 William Tyndale translated the New Testament into English using the Latin Vulgate along with the additional help of some ancient Greek manuscripts. Tyndale wanted the Bible translated into the language of the common people and many copies of his translation were printed. Tyndale was the first to use the letter ( J ) in the spelling of the name . There is reason to believe that Tyndale intended the pronunciation of this name to be "Jay-soos". At about the same time, Spanish speaking people took this same English spelling and pronounced it "Hay-soos". But this new spelling in the hands of many marginally-literate English commoners soon became pronounced by the general public as "Jee-zuz". By the 17th century, the letter ( J ) was officially part of the King's English and in 1611 the most renowned English translation of all, the King James Bible, was put into massive print, complete with pronunciation helps for all proper names including the name of Jesus as we pronounce it today. Every name in the Bible that begins with the letter ( J ), has come to us this same way. Names like "Jeremiah", "Jerusalem", "Judah", "John" and "Jew" are only a few examples. At no time in history when these people and places were being written about did there exist in their language the sound of the letter ( J ).

To sum up, this proves that gods name with a j is impossible, because j's didn't exist then.

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 17 August 2002 23:28:2

• puzzled
    puzzled

So what IS Gods REAL Name?

Anybody know?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Puzzled

Here is what the noted Encyclopaedia Judaica says about this issue:

The true pronunciation of the name YHWH was never lost. Several early Greek writers of the Christian Church testify that the name was pronounced Yahweh. This is confirmed, at least for the vowels of the first syllable of the name, by the shorter form Yah, which is sometimes used in poetry (e.g., Ex. 15:2) and the yahu or yah that serves as the final syllable in very many Hebrew names,

Vol. 7, p. 680.

The encyclopaedia judaica is in many of the bigger libraries, either in book form, or cdrom. Likely some synagogues would have it as well.

But, i don't believe in this god.

SS

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi SS, My issue was the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation who ownes the Jehovah's Witness franchise apparently published a book in 1972 that indicated in it's text that the name that other group published documents indicate is the only name to be called on for salvation from murder by the god of the same name as the god who's name is a mistake.

This would not upset me unless I took all this serious and I had relied on the name that the publishers indicate is a mistake for salvation from the same god who is such an exacting god as to appoint the governing body to represent the faithful and discreet slave class who are only men subject to making error but who are being guided by holy spirit except some of those are women and are divinely directed and who have never thought the Word was God except they printed that in this book too back in the days when hard cover books were cheaper to make and they still don't know when Eve was created except they wrote it was in the same year as Adam. :-)

gb

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hee hee:)

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit