A question

by sundialer 40 Replies latest social relationships

• sundialer
    sundialer

Yes, carlessness is one of my trademarks. I can't stay away from a slippery slope sometimes.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I believe it is possible to be in love with two people at the same time. You might love one a little more than the other but that doesn't nullify the feelings you have for the other person.

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 16 August 2002 12:47:22

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

Sometimes I love myself to much.

Usually its after night of Disco Dancing in Tight pants.

Usually I feel bad afterward....but than i start loving myself again

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Absolutely YES!

All that "only love with one person at a time" is the things of sappy greeting cards and romance novels.

Andee

• sundialer
    sundialer

That describes my situation exactly, although the circumstances are rather unusual. One of the people is here in my life, the other is someone I have never met, but have had a long-running long-distance e-mail/phone relationship with. It is the unavailable person whom I have known intimately the longest and that I have the more powerful feelings for, but she is, well, unavailable for the forseeable near future.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango
    It makes no sense to be with someone that you don't want to spend the rest of your life with. Unless they're really good in bed

ummm, how often does someone get involved with another thinking they are going to spend the rest of their lives together??! what the hell happened to just having fun?!

• sundialer
    sundialer

But both of these have emotional depth that takes them out of that category.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

sun, sorry, was just asking syn what he meant by what he said..wasn't referring to your situation.

btw, i was in the same situation as you once. one was here in my life, one was far away and a computer screen or tele was between us. i had feelings for both of them but only loved one of them. neither relationship worked out tho, but i'm still friends with both. tough situation, i know. ((((sun)))) btw, welcome to the board!!

• sundialer
    sundialer

I would not be offended by anything anyone posts here. I'm just trying to get a handle on what I am experiencing at the moment, thank you all for your input.

• Celia
    Celia

Sundialer,

Let me rephrase it :

The girl you are with now, and have been with for a while, gives you a sense of belonging, security, whatever.

The other one is adventure and excitement,

but you're not sure you could give up the steady one, because you're afraid of changes, and what if the new one wasn't all that you thought she was...

Hmmmmm.... Always give up one before you start something with another...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit