Cancer

by Sirona 63 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Education is what we need to be reminded of when it comes to cancer.

Melanoma is a deadly cancer and we need to remember as you said if not caught in time it will spread to major body organs. Sirona thanks for the reminder we all need it and be of good courage.

hugs and more hugs from Orangefatcat

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

((((((Sirona))))))

Take care dear, my thoughts are with you.

Love and hugs, Viv.

• Sirona
    Sirona
    You think "it's just skin cancer?" Go pick out your casket as soon as you can

Francios,

Thanks for the info. Do you realise that I am being checked on Monday too see if it has spread to the nodes? I don't think I will take your advise about the casket just yet, I like to think that there are possibilities of recovery.

I'm glad you are OK 4 years later. My melanoma depth was 1.8mm. I had two wide excisions (the first one showed more cancer across the surface of the skin). I also had a sentinel node biopsy which returned as clear. However, a few months later and I have an enlarged lymph node and enlarged neck glands.

I was burned as a child once.

Sirona

• TheStar
    TheStar

((((((((((((((((((((((((((Sirona))))))))))))))))))))))))))

So sorry you have to go through this. I lost my father to lung cancer 10 years ago. Any kind of cancer is a very serious matter. I would like to talk to you more about this sometime if you don't mind. My email is open.

Hang in there.

Lots of Love,

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

((((((Sirona)))))))

I'm so sorry to hear this. May your visit to the doctor bring you good news.

Free

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Nothing more to add - just feel sorry for you, it must be awful to have that kicking around in the back of your mind. I know it would get me down :o(

Hope everything goes ok ....

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi Sirona, (((((HUGS))))

Yes, you are very correct in your information about skin cancer. My uncle, who lives in Florida, has had continuous surgeries to remove his skin cancers over the years. They continue to return, and he is really not doing too well. He is 79, and has had this going on for the past thirty years.

My sister-in-law, who recently had a double mastectomy at age 44, due to cancer, has been told now that the cancer cells were contained in the breast tissue and did not go through the chest cavity. However, they also told her that this in no way guarantees that the cancer might not show up again.

It is so very important to get regular examinations by a qualified physician to rule out re-occurrance. I know that this is something very fearfull for those who have been told "we got it all". I really admire your fortitude in the face of this silent enemy.

Personally, I have lots of cancer in both sides of my family and so does my husband. Life is always one day at a time, anyway, sweetie.

Take care of yourself and know that you have friends here who genuienly care about you and hope that you maintain your good health!

Love and Light,

Sentinel

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have known 4 people who had melanoma, the worst form of skin cancer. Two are dead because they were just plain ignorant. One went the alternative route, (large tumor in the groin) and died quite fast. The other was my brother in law, (large one on his shoulder) who ignored it for years, finally had it removed, but it had already spread. When it hit his brain, he died in 20 days from onset of symptoms.

Of the two who are alive, both had it removed, and one had radiation and chemo. He is alive 25 years later, (it was under the skin on his face, looked like a small pea under the skin) and cancer free. The other was my brother's ex wife. She had it removed (small one on the back of her leg, but was very deep........deep concave spot on her leg now) and did some alternatives instead of radiation and chemo. It was 14 years ago, and she is cancer free.

Each person is different, and I think it has a lot to do with where the cancer shows up and how long you wait to do something about it. One thing is sure, it won't go away by itself.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Good luck! I hope everything works out ok for U :)

• Sirona
    Sirona

Thanks everyone!

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit