IF YOU COULD CHANGE 1 THING IN YOUR LIFE,what ??

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If you had 1 wish that you could have granted that would change something about your past,what would it be?

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

That I would have been loved and protected by my parents and relatives.

If I could make two - I wish my older brother never died.

Mimilly

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Mimilly, I would wish the same about my parents. Although I never lost a sibling, when I was 14, my world was shattered by the suicide death of my favorite uncle. His wife was dieing of leukemia and he had already lost two sons as infants and couldn't cope anymore. Sadly, three weeks after he died, my aunt also died.

What I remember is when smaller, they would pick me up and take me home with them for a couple weeks at a time. They always treated me so nice and I never could understand why my parents didn't. Although they would get on me, they never hit me or belittled me like my parents did. God, how I never wanted to go back home.

Their death left me filled with anger culminating in a fist fight with my Dad a few years later. Believe it or not, Vietnam helped me to expend all the anger I had and I came back actually a better person. I at least had a better grasp on life. I wouldn't recommend that therapy, though.

Lew W

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

When I was little, I used to look up at the stars and try to imagine which star my real parents came from. If I could change anything about my past, it would be to find my star and be with the family I really belong to.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

oh tex, that is unimaginably touching... especially that little wandering smiley...

(my single wish would be that jehovah's witnesses had never knocked on our door that fateful day. i can just imagine how comepletely different my life would have been)

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I never would've dated Charles my senior year in highschool. He was abusive and he totally destroyed my esteem. I got really depressed and gained a ton of weight because of my depression. Even now 5 years later I have a difficult time believing people when they say I'm beautiful or even when they say they love me.

• Swan
    Swan

I wish I could have been normal.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Tammy, normal is vastly over rated. I thought you were one of the nicest people I met at the Apostafest.

Lew W

• Swan
    Swan

Thanks Lew. I thought the same about you.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

i wouldn't change anything. all the good and all the bad have taught me something and got me to a new place in life. that's how things work. if i changed just one thing i wouldn't be the person i am now. and i kinda like me now .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit