Hatred Approved by Jehovah

by jgnat 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• garybuss
    garybuss

THE GODLY QUALITY OF HATE
    (The Watchtower, July 15, 1974, p. 442)

You have seen the benefit of godly love, but do you know how to hate? These very strong words are an expression of godly hate, (small g god theirs) and you too must have this quality to be pleasing to God. Hate causes a feeling of disgust to well up inside you. You loathe, abhor, despise the object of your hatred. Godly hatred never has as its object our Christian brothers, no matter how imperfect
    (The Watchtower; July 15, 1974 p.442)

Apostasy is, in reality, a rebellion against Jehovah. Some apostates profess to know and serve God, but they reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible, but they reject Jehovahs organization and actively try to hinder its work. When they deliberately choose such badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of their makeup, then a Christian must hate (in the Biblical sense of the word) those who have inseparably attached themselves to the badness. True Christians share Jehovahs feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they feel a loathing toward those who have made themselves Gods enemies,
    (The Watchtower October 1, 1993 p.19)

Jehovahs Witnesses Make Hate A Religion (Saturday Evening Post Sept. 14, 1940 p.18)

WILL HATRED EVER END And even though it may be unreasonable, or crazy, the hatred is often directed against a whole group (The Watchtower June 15, 1995 p.3)

The doctrines of the Roman Catholic Hierarchy of Jurisdiction and the pratices in which that organization indulges show that she is the chief servant of the Devil and the arch enemy of God.From all the evidence the conclusion is irresistible that the Roman Catholic Hierarchy organization serves the Devil and is therefore the enemy of God, the enemy of man, and the very personification of unrighteousness. (Enemies WTB&TS 1937 J.F. Rutherford p.286)

CATHOLIC RELIGION DEMONISM (Religion, WTB&TS 1940, J.F. Rutherford, p.55)

Martyred by martyrs, Dennis Ryans head was bashed by Witnesses canes in a riot at their (Witnesses) anti-Catholic rally. (Caption under photo of battered Ryan with bandaged head)
    (Saturday Evening Post Sept. 14, 1940)

There is a difference, however between hating the wrong and hating the person who commits the wrong.
    (The Watchtower, June 15, 1995, p.7)

in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked.Jesus did not mean for us to love the hardened enemies of Jehovah,
    (The Watchtower July, 15, 1961, p.420)

We must hate in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme and active aversion, to consider as lothsome, odious, filthy, to detest. Surely any haters of God are not fit to live on his beautiful earth.

12 What do you do with anything loathsome or repugnant that you detest and abhor? The answer is simple. You get away from it or remove it from your presence. You do not want to have anything at all to do with it. This must be exactly our attitude toward the haters of Jehovah.
    (The Watchtower October 1, 1952, p.599)

Yes, the international society of Jehovahs Witnesses is living proof that hatred can be abolished. It is a foreglimpse of a worldwide program to eliminate hatred and its causes.
    (The Watchtower, June 15, 1995, p.8)

More than that, we want to hate those who willfully show themselves haters of Jehovah, haters of what is good.
    (The Watchtower June 15, 1980, p.8)

Obviously God hates evil things, and his servants rightly hate them too.
    (Awake June 22, 1984, p.5)

15 Everyone who hates his brother is a manslayer, and you know that no manslayer has everlasting life remaining in him.
    (1 JOHN 3:15 The New World Translation by WTB&TS)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thank you garybuss. Your research is very much appreciated.

YYY

This is getting more and more depressing. To make myself feel better, I asked my computer to count up the number of times Hate is used in the Bible compared to Love. True to my instincts, it looks like there is at least a 3 to 1 ratio in favour of love. Yay! The total count is taking longer than I expected, however, since the Greeks and Hebrews had so many words for love. Three cheers for Greeks and Hebrews!

...I wonder how the WTS CD shakes out in comparison....

YYY

• avengers
    avengers

The obligation to hate lawlessness also applies to all activity by apostates. Our attitude toward apostates should be that of David

With a complete hatred I do hate them

The real apostates are the ones leading the WTS The biggest apostates are the ones within the Governing Body.

They always point the finger to others so as to keep attention away from themself! It's not working anymore.

You o Governing Body YOU ARE THE REAL APOSTATE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

You destroy families, you fail to protect the innocent. Your hands are filled with blood..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit