Hatred Approved by Jehovah

by jgnat 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

A JW quote disturbed me.

Go back to my idea of hating FALSE religion. My opinion was to hate those religions and not mine... But to have a clean conscience and to hate what God hates. A real hatred will make you exercise the personality that God wants in the new system that will last forever. Bleep

The biblical marker for a false prophet would be:

But beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but within are ravening wolves. By their fruits ye shall know them. Do men gather a bunch of grapes from thorns, or from thistles figs? So every good tree produces good fruits, but the worthless tree produces bad fruits. A good tree cannot produce bad fruits, nor a worthless tree produce good fruits. (Matthew 7:15-18 Darby)

And those good fruits would be...

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, fidelity, meekness, self-control: against such things there is no law. (Galatians 5:22, 23 Darby)

Any religion producing the good fruit listed above would not be false.

Ye have heard that it has been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour and hate thine enemy. But *I* say unto you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who insult you and persecute you,(Matthew 5:43, 44 Darby)

So the new personality required by God is not born in hatred of wrongdoers, but a love of right.

Edited by - jgnat on 16 August 2002 12:41:39

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    A real hatred will make you exercise the personality that God wants in the new system that will last forever.

whoa. notable jgnat. disturbing indeed.

hey, i heard a rumour we are from the same town. i hope to meet u in chat sometime.

SPAZ

• minimus
    minimus

Didn't the Watchtower recently say that it is proper to even hate certain people, such as opposers?

• Dia
    Dia

Thanks, jgnat for putting all those together.

Useful things to try to keep in mind at the present time, when clearly JWs and the WTS are our enemies.

• SYN
    SYN

Dia: It is not the Witnesses who are our enemies, it is their doctrines, policies, and behaviour. Mostly, they are just caught up in something unbelievably powerful that has destroyed their minds...although we make certain exceptions, for instance, for Brother Jaracz, who has to be the most loving, kindest Governing Body member I've ever seen on television!

• Bleep
    Bleep

You can hate what man can do but you can not hate the man for doing the sin.

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

Is brother Jaracz the one helping young children that have suffered abuse? Oh sorry, that would be

Bill Bowen!

witchywoman

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, Bleep. You have stated clearly that you hate all FALSE religions. Any religion producing the good fruit listed above would not be false. I know many religions that produce the above fruit, and indeed I have provided you specific examples.

Which religions outside of the WTS do you show love to?

• blondie
    blondie

"Proper" Hatred Over the Years Per the WTS (we don't judge individuals--so they say. Who decides who is apostate or haters of God?---hmmmmmmm)

*** w92 7/15 12-13 Christ Hated Lawlessness-Do You? ***
    19 The obligation to hate lawlessness also applies to all activity by apostates. Our attitude toward apostates should be that of David, who declared: "Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies." (Psalm 139:21, 22) ... As loyal Witnesses of Jehovah, we therefore have absolutely nothing in common with them. Being imperfect, our hearts could easily have a tendency toward being critical of our brothers. As individuals, those of "the faithful and discreet slave" are imperfect humans. (Matthew 24:45-47) But this class is faithful and discreet. Apostates capitalize on errors or seeming mistakes made by brothers who take the lead. Our safety lies in avoiding apostate propaganda as though it were poison, which in fact it is.Romans 16:17, 18.

*** w80 6/15 8 What It Takes to Keep Separate from the World ***

More than that, we want to hate those who willfully show themselves haters of Jehovah, haters of what is good. As David of old expressed it: "Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies." (Ps. 139:21, 22)

*** w70 11/15 695 When Hatred Is a Good Thing-a Protection ***

So it is that enlightened Christians rightly hate those who are confirmed enemies of God, such as the Devil and his demons, as well as men who have deliberately and knowingly taken their stand against Jehovah. (Ps. 139:21, 22)

*** w61 7/15 420 A Time and Place for Everything ***

When a person persists in a way of badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of his make-up, then in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked. Indicating that Jesus did not mean for us to love the hardened enemies of Jehovah, David expressed this God-approved attitude: "Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies."Matt. 5:44; Amos 5:15; Ps. 139:21, 22.

*** w54 4/15 234 Scriptural Aspect of Psychosomatic Medicine ***

In this connection, however, it must be observed that the Bible shows that there is such a thing as a proper hatred, a "perfect hatred," the kind of hatred that David had for those who hated God. (Ps. 139:21, 22).

*** w53 8/1 479 Questions from Readers ***

Not those who may be our enemies for personal reasons, but those who have demonstrated their willful hatred of God we hate and count as our enemies because they are Gods enemies: "Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: they are become mine enemies." ( Ps . 15:4; 139:21, 22 , AS).
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, SPAZnik! Great to meet another Canadian! Thanks, blondie, for the research, depressing as it is. David had his enemies, his fellow Isrealite and King Saul, first and foremost. Yet he was able to travel freely through the surrounding nations when he was on the run.

Members of the WTS should keep in mind that we know who our enemies are by how we are treated, not by our membership in a certain tribe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit