Crisis of Consience market price (we are in a bull market)

by NewYork44M 31 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was considering getting another copy of one of Ray's books and was shocked about the market value. Is Ray's book worth $1,000? Perhaps, but it is a bit shocking. It is interesting that Ray's book is one of my most valuable investments.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

That's insane.

Three years ago...I was lucky to find a used 3rd edition copy on Amazon for $28.00.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was hoping t get a copy of Ray's most recent book, In search of Christian freedom, but I am priced out of the market.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

How ironic.. you get fleeced when in a cult.. and you get fleeced again when you try to leave one.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Just wait till the DVD is released
  • GodZoo
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

Probably the Governing Body bought all the books and now they are reselling them for a profit. You know, they are pretty sly at making a profit on anything they can get their hands on. That's probably why they asked for all the money- to buy all of Ray's books. Those dirty bastards.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Google "used books" and bring up all the usual sites. You can find several for $50 and up. I looked at Abe Books and there were quite a few there. Alibris is a good site too. Sometimes you have to wonder what some of the Amazon sellers are smoking with their crazy prices.

Whoa, just checked Alibris, too expensive. Check out Abe Used Books have them in the $50's.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Why is this book so expensive? Did the Pope bless it? You can get a good copy of "Catcher in the rye" for so much less.
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    I believe the book is out of print and scarce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit