Jan and Paul announce

by mevirginia 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

I think the fundelmentalists are just a blind to the false statements of their leaders as the JW's are. Doesn't Van Imp and wife always stress the end is near? Their retoric is worse than the JW's and they have been going on and on for years. Is Jan the lady with the lavender hair and the ornate gold plated furniture? There has to be something serious wrong with a person to take that person serious.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Yes, Virginia, there is a, oops, wrong story, yes, 1914 was mentioned when I was small. I don't remember it being mentioned the way the JWs do, though. Maybe it was when the religion was formed that they were always talking about. LOL, I'm trying to remember from over 40 years ago, and that isn't easy

Lew W

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

Dakota, don't worry your doing better the me if you can remember yesterday.

Doesn't Van Imp and wife always stress the end is near?

I'm not sure who they are But yes Jan is the one with the colored hair. Looks like a big wad of cotton candy .

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Last I heard, Van Impe is still waiting and preaching the rebirth of the Soviet Union (King of the North) and their attacking Israel to trigger Armeggedon. At least he is consistent.

Lew W

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

As one who has hunted one of Christendom's minor end-times prophecy players, I can guarantee that failed prophecies never detract from the prophet's image in the eyes of the true believers. It's amazing to watch people who've seen the prophet make mistake after mistake, and yet people will keep going on about how accurate he is. I saw some of this phenomenon at the last meeting of this guy I went to before he died:

http://jsefton.users1.50megs.com/barryinpenshurst.htm

Some people, of course, wake up to it and leave. But they leave via a revolving door, and other people are coming in at the same time, so the leaders don't care about the different faces, just so long as the numbers stay up.

Barry went to his grave still expecting Russia to attack Israel, BTW.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Good to see you around Stephanus.

I thought you were leaving by the way?

Told you this place was addictive.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Is this the very same guy that talked about the US being, or representing the wild beast? Showing the symblol on the curency as proof? Or something like that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit