Jan and Paul announce

by mevirginia 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

No, Not How to have sex for dummies

Almost every Sunday morning, We are living in the last days the same as the JWs are always stating.

My question may only apply to those who are followers of the Trinity Network but I invite anyone to answer

In 2011, would a large percentage leave the church and stop believing in the Trinity? Or would they just fire Jan and Paul?

What effect would this have on the Trinity Broadcasting Network?

Jan and Paul are basically the GB of that religion.

I have been trying to picture in my mind how different religious organizations would react given the same circumstances.

Replacing the GB with Paul and Jan or even the Pope.

Well, with the Pope they could easily just say hes gone off the deep end and put him to bed but what if his replacement did it?

Would the Catholic Church crumble and everyone stop believing and loose faith or would they just keep the faith and stop listening to the POPE?

Edited by - mevirginia on 15 August 2002 21:15:49

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

replyed to get rid of that horrible ZEROsnif snif

In case someone thinks I am a WT spy. See below:

Biography:I was BORN!, yes born a Dub. They don't like to use that pharse any more but tough. I'll keep my age to myself. But I was in the F Troop for more then twenty years. An elders daughter but was still considered spiritually weak by many of my fellow congerts. Which was kinda funny because thats pretty much what I thought of most of them. After knowing well over a thousand or so people during my life as a Dub I can remember those who were probably truly spiritual people and real Christians. Many of my friends were disfellowshiped and we lost touch over the years.I got tired of looking up people's nostrials so I dissasociated and went into hiding for long time.

Edited by - mevirginia on 15 August 2002 21:18:18

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

Thank you to everyone who responded. 88 people read it and out of that not one opinion.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Virginia, I doubt it would have any effect on them. Most would stand before the cameras teary eyed and beg forgiveness, putting on a real show (remember Tammy Faye and Jim Baker and Jimmy Swaggert). Sadly, people are so hungry for something to believe in, they just follow along blindly and accept whatever some figure tells them is so, and they keep sending them their money too.

Lew W

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Virginia, I would have replied earlier, but didn't see it buried back here. Maybe next time, post it on Friends, much more noticeable there.

Lew W

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

Good point Dakota, Thanks for the reply. I wasn't begging btw, just curious if my question was may too over worked or something.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

LOL, Virginia, I didn't think you were begging. I was looking for Swaggerts name while you posted the last time. For some reason, I couldn't think of it.

But, your question might be one that some aren't comfortable with for whatever reason. At one time, we were all duped into believing the JW trash. Sadly, those types are found in all religions. I grew up in the First Assembly of God, almost as bad as the JWs. Off shoot of the Pentecostals and they get as ridiculous as the JWs.

One thing I can remember, though, was 1914 being mentioned often in church, but for the life of me, I cannot remember how it was mentioned. Maybe someday I will.

But, people just blindly follow what their religious leaders tell them and refuse to actually seek answers on their own. That's how the JWs and preachers get away with all their nonsense.

Lew W

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

It's hard to compare Paul and Jan Crouch to the governing board of the WTS.

So, they predict the end in 2010 and it doesn't come. I can see, perhaps, the dough drying up, but that is about it. I think the only people that have to follow them unquestioningly are those that are on the payroll. They just don't have the same power and control of people like the borg does.

Kinda like when Oral Roberts was going to get "called home" if he didn't get so many millions of dollars by a certain time. Most people just thought it a silly joke, and a very pathetic plea for money.

Anyway, I like to tune into TBN on occasion just to catch a glimpse of Jan's latest make-up and haute couture secrets. Her current wig looks like the hair the alien wore in the movie "Mars Attacks". I also notice she rarely gets close ups anymore. Perhaps there IS a god.

Andee

Edited by - BeautifulGarbage on 16 August 2002 2:2:4

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I've always noticed that too, BG. Why do these "spiritual" women have to apply their makeup with a trowel? I'll never forget Tammy Faye and her crying stint on the news, with tons of mascera and whatever else running down her face. I thought maybe they applied extra just to make sure it ran.

But, every one of them went on TV later and with as many crocodile tears as they could muster, said they were sorry and saved their minsitries. LOL, even Oral Roberts, although he didn't get his 8 million dollars, went on to continue raking in the dough. Maybe one day, he'll have plastic surgery on those ears of his

Lew W

• mevirginia
    mevirginia
    Dakota
    One thing I can remember, though, was 1914 being mentioned often in church, but for the life of me, I cannot remember how it was mentioned. Maybe someday I will.

You mean the First Assembly of God spoke of 1914?

I really didn't know that other religions spoke of it. That is interesting.

BeautifulGarbage

Perhaps there IS a god.

LOL I know what you mean I listen to TBN once in a while. I've often wondered why someone doesn't edit her wig. It is awful Pink and White last time I saw it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit