Wishing Bill Bowen A Happy Birthday

by Cassiline 54 Replies latest jw friends

• alamb
    alamb

Hey comforter.....

Bill is celebrating his 45th baby shower...like a good JW. You do those, remember?

Best wishes to Bill...hugs to the Mrs.

• anewlife
    anewlife

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL!!!

Ironic......my birthday was yesterday and I bumped into my "good standing, child molester, JW father" in a restaurant where my coworkers were celebrating my birthday with me.....s and today is YOUR birthday and you're being disfellowshipped this day for trying to do something about the sick ways the WTBTS protectss perpetrators and revictimizes the innocent!

Wow....what a backwards universe, don't you think!!!!

ENJOY YOUR DAY.....YOUR BIRTH HAS TURNED OUT TO BE A BLESSING FOR SO MANY!!!!

Cheryl

• comforter
    comforter

alamb

comforter tries to emulate the jews of God's bible. they did not celebrate there birthdays and the old timey christians in God's bible did not celebrate birthdays either. the day of death is better than the birthday. christians celebrating birthdays is a later development.

comfy love

• Simon
    Simon

Happy birthday Bill ... hope you blew out all your candles and made a wish

Comforter: job's children apparently celebrated birthdays and where in the sentance "the day of death is better than the birthday" does it say not to celebrate one or the other?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

A happy birthday from me AND Comforter, Bill, even though he doesn't know I said so....Shhh, don't tell him.

I raise my

ash

• comforter
    comforter

simon

the verse from ecclesiastes 7 about the day of death and birth do not say whether to celebrate one or the other. but study history and you will see that the old jews of the bible did not celebrate birthdays. they thought there the day of death was more important than the day one is born.

job is not referring to birthdays. it talk about feast days. the hebrew word used in job just means a celebration. it describe a wedding feast at judges 14:10. no birthday is in sight by this word.

comfy love

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Bill,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Cheers!

Ajax

• comforter
    comforter

a can of guinness sound good. let jest furgit the birthday and have a guinness.

comfy love

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

That is where you are incorrect aobut the Jews.

For even in Biblical times the birth of a Boy was celebrated every year on his birthday. Birth of a Girl was considered a curse and was not celebrated. It is still this way in Many Middle Eastren cultures today.

BTW have a very happy Birthday Bill and know many are out there celebrating with you.

• comforter
    comforter

tess

where did you read that bible time jews believe in or celebrate birthdays? the history books say opposite.

comfy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit